Chase Sanborn Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Dec 11, 2005.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey all

I just want to comment on a Chase Sanborn Mouthpiece(s) I bought.

I recently ordered a match set trumpet / flugel size 66MS. I must say, I really enjoy them. I love the sound on the flugel piece and the trumpet. The only thing is that my tuning slide (trumpet) is pulled out much more than usual. I have played on smaller pieces than this before and yet my tuning slide has never been so far out.

Anyone else use this mouthpiece and experienced the same issue? It's no biggie, I just thought I'd ask around.

other than that I LOVE the moutpiece
    Cheers
    Eric Sproul

2. BradHarrison

BradHarrison Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It may depend on what you were playing before. I found when I was switching between a 16C4 and 14A4a I had to pull out a lot more on the 14(I assume I went sharp because of the smaller cup volume).

If by chance you find you like the sound of the CS pieces but don't get on to the rim give some other GR's a try. They all sound and play fantastic but you might find a rim you prefer.

3. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    I've played (and spent a lot) on GR mouthpieces for the past couple years. The fist one I played on was the 67MX. I wanted a good screamer piece so I bought a 65. I was switching between the two for some time until I wanted one piece I could use for almost everything except orchestra. This is when I went to the 66MS. It does play extreamily well in all registers (especially the high ones).

Eric