Check it out....

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by NickD, Jul 16, 2004.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

It's always nice (IMHO) to hear trumpet included in a pop/contemporary environment (instead of tenor sax!). A post (from SlimShady) in repsonse to my post about my new tune pointed out this link to a band with some really interesting music online....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/celiacmusic.htm

Now, I can't tell if this is a collaborative effort (a band) or if this is like what I do (it's all just me in my basement with a PC, and Alesis QS8.1 and a whole mess of horns and a few tape decks), but the result is truly unique. The use of trumpet is sparse, but quite interesting. Check it out!!!

Peace, all.

Nick Drozdoff

2. slimshady

slimshady Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2003
    thanks for the props nick. too bad nobody here is curious. a little strange....but oh well!

see ya,

b

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    You keep saying that :D

Curious is one thing, but commenting is another.
    The music was interesting. "Acid Jazz" I guess is not my thing. I found "Trial Hell" quite interesting but after listening to it once, I don't think I would listen to it again. Maybe that is the problem for me.

I am with you! More people should post music. Nick does often (thank you!) and it lets us hear different style (his style!). Others should be encouraged to do so. I won't post anything because I am always playing in a community group or in church. Neither is recorded at a level that would sound decent. I don't do solo, lead, or commercial work. But I do listen to everything I can.

You know what, perhaps we should suggest as they are revamping this site that they consider a forum for music clips and commentary. Now that would be cool. 8)

Jim

4. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    I would post music, but I don't want anyone having to suffer the hell that is Freeewebs downloads (oh so agonizingly long!)
    If anyone would be willing to share some webspace, or maybe tell me a good place to put clips, then I'd post on here.

5. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    LP,

Send me an email (you have the address). I would be willing to put some files up on my website for you. I would be interested in hearing how you play at 14.

Doc

6. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    k, thanks Jim. I'll send you an email as soon as I make the clip

7. Mr. Grim

Mr. Grim New Friend

Jul 15, 2004
    Hey Nick! Glad you enjoyed at least parts of Celiac. I'm the other half of th band, the guy who does all the programming and stuff. SS and I grew up together and have only recently begun making tunes together. It's an evolution, we never know what the next song's gonna be...

Thanks again for listening!

Moon Car

8. mark935

mark935 Pianissimo User

Jan 31, 2004
    Riverside,CA
    link isn't working for me. ?

9. Mr. Grim

Mr. Grim New Friend

Jul 15, 2004

Sorry, mate! The site's down today for some reason.

I hope you'll check back later.

Thanks!