Check out some low fi-clips of my new baby....

Discussion in 'Horns' started by TrentAustin, Dec 22, 2003.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Here are 3 low-fi clips of my Eclipse in action.

I am going into the studio the first week of January to record HIGH-fi clips...

Let me know what you think!

Happy holidays to you all!

Trent

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6zcfx/

2. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    ScheƟlitz, Germany
    Sounds good, Trent! That LR in scratch lacquer is in its own unique little world - the only thing that kept me from buying the exact same model was that I had my heart set on a horn in scratch gold. I know how happy you must be with it 8)
    Its nice to hear someone on an Eclipse that can really play!

3. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Say Gary,

No disrespect or nothin, But, your new Avatar - whewww!

Can't decide if you look more like the Wizzard of Oz ("Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"), or a "Nucular" terrorist - Ha! ;-)

Skip

4. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
  5. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Far be it from me to even try and critique a guy who is a LOT better than I am. Sounds like you and the trumpet match up pretty well.

6. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Trent is a very fine player, with a great personality, tremendous musical talent. The Large Red, in scratched lacquer, is a perfect match for him and his playing style.

When I received my first Eclipse trumpets, Trent was one of the first to play them. The Medium and the Medium Classic just weren't a good match for him. However, when I received the first Large Red, I invited him to play it. The rest, as they say, is history. Trent is a very fine Eclipse Artist.

The Eclipse line is truly in a class by itself. It offers the player many excellent choices, in terms of the tonal and playing characteristics of the different bell options. Noel Langley has described the various bell options, very well, on the Eclipse website. I believe that there is an Eclipse model that would work for everyone.

My personal favorite is the Equinox... followed very closely by the Medium. What will yours be?

Best always,
    Bruce

7. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Free archive of the Maine Public Radio gig last night in case anyone wants to hear more clips... (start at 54 minutes for a good half hour of eclipse L red fun!)

If you didn't have a chance to listen to the live concert I had online last night you can check out the archive at

http://www.mainepublicradio.org/ondemand/fridayjazz.html

Hope all is well!

-T

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I don't know how many of you have listened to the songs played on this last site posted by Trent: but if there's one word it's "WOW"! You want to hear the versatility of Trent and his Eclipse? Those last two songs in particular sure knocked me for a loop... this is what I call "JAZZ".

Just follow the link and click the "Feb 27/04" date, sit back and listen for 2 hours! Whew.

Thanks for the "heads up" on this one, Trent.