Check out this Trumpet Blog!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sosanolan, Jul 27, 2014.

1. sosanolan

sosanolan New Friend

Jul 20, 2009
    Hi everyone! Just decided I would buckle down and do something I've really wanted to do for a while and start a trumpet blog that covers it all from those great performances on YouTube to those awful "please tell me I'm not the only one having this issue" moments. I hope to give y'all a great read to get you through the day. If you guys ever have any requests for topics, a Contact the Author page is coming! Thanks for the support guys!

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    And no URL?

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    TrumpetMaster doesn't cover it all? Did he say "start a trumpet blog that really covers it all"?

Funny enough, the little bit that was posted doesn't sound that "original" to me.

A read to get me through the day? From blogging trumpeters?

Good luck.

4. sosanolan

sosanolan New Friend

Jul 20, 2009
  5. sosanolan

sosanolan New Friend

Jul 20, 2009
    Alright Rowuk. Changed what I said to "covers it all". I did not in any way, shape, or form intend to bash TrumpetMaster. I actually really enjoy it. I simply started a blog so that maybe other trumpet players could read some of what I put out there. There isn't always a need to be negative or throw daggers at someone when they're just trying to get a project up and started. Additionally, if you don't want to read it, nobody is holding your feet to the fire and you are MORE than welcome to stick with whatever you do. This is a community and I thought that maybe a couple of folks wouldn't completely hate what I was doing. If one or two, happen to... Hey. You can't please them all, like anything else in this world. Fortunately for me, my intent was never to please you or anybody for that matter, but just to provide someone somewhere with something they may relate to as this forum has for me. Best wishes.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Yeah, like I said,

Good luck.

7. salebow

salebow New Friend

Jul 10, 2014
    Edmond, OK
    Perhaps he is just wanting a different avenue to express himself. There's nothing wrong with that. I commend him with the blog. I think it's a great idea.

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    So, some will notice s/he doesn't close the piano when s/he plays brass. Those that have played brass in churches that have real pipe organs will have noticed this phenomena big time, and then it sometimes seems like an accompaniment when one gets use to it. Such assumes the piano and organ pipes are well maintained and in tune.

9. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Even a similar effect when I practice with my glockenspiel/orchestra bells in the room...but not as interesting as what you and Sosanolan said.

Interesting blog, I must say.

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I've noticed this recently with my own trumpet -- I've been practicing in the car of a lunchtime due to evening time pressures recently and in the enclosed space when I finish stronger phrases, I hear the trumpet bell ringing quietly for a second or two an octave or more above what I was playing. At first I didn't realise where the ringing was coming from but then felt the faint residual vibration in the bell. (I hope this is isn't a defect ;-) )

At my office I play in the boardroom (when nobody's about), and they keep water jugs and tall glasses there for use during meetings. The glasses are of quite thin glass and on G above the staff (but not other notes) they all start ringing too.

--bumblebee