Check out Tine Thing Helseth's post on Facebook!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gbshelbymi, Jan 23, 2015.

1. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi Mezzo Piano User

Jan 3, 2013
    Travelers Rest, SC
    "Hi everyone,
    Some of you may have seen that I’ve had to cancel my concerts for the next few months. On my Doctor’s orders I have been advised to take some time off. I had really been looking forward to these concerts and this is not a decision I’ve taken lightly. I’m hoping to be back soon.
    Thanks so much to those who have expressed concern about my well-being! It really means a lot to me to know that I have your support.
    All the best
    Tine x"

2. FireandAir

FireandAir Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2014
    Rats. I hope she gets better. Wishing her well.

3. lipnutz

lipnutz Pianissimo User

Dec 17, 2013
    Love her YouTube live in concert rendition of "Libertango." So effortless.

4. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    One of my faves. I hope she recovers excellently.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    We shouldn't read too much into that post, but it does challenge us to review our own devotion. How far are you all from "exhaustion"? Are you even in tune enough to notice before the crash?

I think that more will surface about what happened...........

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Well, I know exactly what "exhaustion" means, and no, you only realize it when you already are so deep in that you can't get out without help.
    In my case, it was a very hasty relocation from Ireland to Austria after a traumatic burglary with arson that left my then wife with a severe trauma that was untreatable in Ireland (she would have had to wait four years for a place).
    Before she could start treatment in Austria, she fell victim to burn-out and depression ending with a very severe psychosis, with the delusion that on my last business trip to Mars, I had brought back alien implants to remote control her via the internet... she was in resident psychiatric care for months, demanding that I visit her every few hours.
    Of course I did, abandoning my job at Vienna University to be able to do that, and generally made her speedy recovery my only goal in life at this moment (Brian Graber, you know how that feels...). I went on like this until I flew off the motorway one day... micro-sleep due to sheer exhaustion. The car was a total wreck, but I crawled out unscathed but shaken. I found that, suddenly, even the usual everyday chores took much more will-power and time than usual - normally, you don't need two and a half hours to crawl out of bed and make yourself a cup of tea...
    Looking at Ms. helseth's schedule of the last two years, I am amazed that she did not crack up earlier... being in her late twenties, she has not yet had time to build up enough resilience to go on like that forever.
    I am wishing her all the best. If she needs a quiet, secluded spot to relax in, I am quite happy to welcome her to our home which already once has been a trumpet player's retreat... in 2002, Maurice André himself stayed with my family after his nervous breakdown in Budapest.

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Ms. Helseth already did cancel concerts due to "health issues" the middle of last year..........