Chet Baker movie Let's Get Lost

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alex_C, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    It's on YouTube, I found it last night and yep, stayed up until about 2 watching it. Interesting.

2. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
  3. Pete

Pete Piano User

Nov 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Yes, I saw it quite a few years ago. Interesting, strange, unsettling,...

4. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    That guy looks WORN OUT.

5. Let's Get Lost

Let's Get Lost Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2010
    Near the river
    The movie is so beautiful, I need to watch it again ! *sigh*

Bruce Weber did a great thing for Chet.

6. melza

melza Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2010
    Australia
    Ive got a copy I got from ebay. havent watched for awhile, but I remember it being mesmerizing.

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Bruce Webber ... I know the name but I just can't place him. Was he a photographer?

Turtle

8. Tom Mac

Tom Mac Pianissimo User

Mar 11, 2007
    Nashville Tennessee
    I have been looking for this movie for years. Last night I watched (in 10 minute segs.) it for the first time. It confirms what I thought about CB's talent. It was immense. He short circuited the need to learn the horn and went straight to mastery. That said, he was a pretty good technical horn player. A genuine natural.

CB was also a pretty lousy person. Even his mother didn't want to talk about his dark side. Even putting aside his addictions he was narcissistic, hedonistic and manipulative. He may be alive today if that weren't true. This is tragic.

All in all I prefer to listen to his singing and playing then to contemplate the man. But, for me, this is true when thinking of Miles, Charlie Parker and many of the other legends who we would be less rich without.

9. peterp

peterp Pianissimo User

Apr 18, 2009
    NJ/NY
    Let's Get Lost is going to be aired on the Sundance channel on December 21st -- it's on at 3:50am, so might be best to DVR it:

Sundance Channel : Film : Let's Get Lost

I have an original VHS of it and the video and audio quality is fairly poor, so looking forward to seeing a better quality version.

10. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've seen it a couple times and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it again.