CHICAGO AREA MINI-FESTIVAL of HORNS!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by NickD, Aug 31, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

OK, folks! It's our turn!

Felix Vayser of the New York Trumpet Company will be in the Chicago area with his COMPLETE line of horns available for your inspection on Sunday, October 2, from 2 to 5 PM. I'll be assisting him as host. We'll be at the Watts Center in Glencoe, Illinois, in the rec room (there is only one large room there, though). Believe me, you won't be able to miss THIS room. The Watts Center is on Randolph Street, just north of Jackson Avenue. It is three blocks east of Green Bay and several blocks north of Tower Road. Do a map search on the intersection of Randolph and Jackson in Glencoe, 60022, and you'll see it.

I am so thirlled with my Stage 1 California, that I can hardly wait to play a New York model. Felix also assures me he'll have an Eclipse flugel there as well. He will also have his line of C trumpets and cornets there, too.

Folks from the greater Chicago area, you've GOT to be here! Felix is the ONLY guy in the US with such a unique and complete collection of fine, exotic horns made in Europe and all over the world, as well as his own remarkable line, the Stage 1's. When are you going to have another chance like this?

I'll be there all day, and will look forward to meeting you! We can test horns by playing duets, the Mancini quartets, whatever. There be refreshments and stuff. Let's hang!

Please, post a message here if you are going to be here for at least part of the event. I will need to build a list so I'll now how much to buy in the way of munchies.

Spread the word. Tell your friends! Tell your students.

I look forwrd to meeting all of you for this cool, unique trumpet event!

Nick Drozdoff

2. NickD

NickD Forte User

Already some direct responses...

Well, folks, a few folks have contacted me off list directyl to my email with their interest in attending. Feel free to just post a repsonse here! It will help me with a head count (for munchies...) and you will all know who of your Chicago compatriots will be here!

I'm sooooo looking forward to meeting all of you and playing some of the horns Felix has to offer. There will be no salles hustle. This is just an opportunity to demonstrate these axes. I.e. NO pressure! Just plain fun with some neat trumpet toys!

Keep me posted.

Peace, all.

Nick

3. sublmbadfish

sublmbadfish Pianissimo User

Jul 9, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Unless i cant get there due to a musical im playing in ill be there...i give you a for sure answer soon.

Steve

4. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Hello All,and thank you very much for posting before I did :D
    We will have many different instruments available for all of you to check out and play.
    I am trying to make sure that we have a full line of brand new and amazing Eclipse Trumpets and Flugelhorns,Stage 1 Trumpets,Fides Trumpets,Weril Signature Line,full line of Phaeton Trumpets,as well as many other Custom and Vintage instruments.
    Should be a lot of fun.
    And please,don't forget to bring your own horn.

Felix

5. iguananaught

iguananaught Pianissimo User

Mar 10, 2005
    count me in from sunny Minnesota. It is only an 8 hour drive, so I think I can make it. I am very excited!

Patrick Thorn

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

Very cool to come on down from Minn!

We'll be thrilled to have you all the way down from Minn! I'll make sure you get some eats.

This is really turning out to be a neat thing. I've spoken to Felix a couple of times about the details, and each time I get more excited about the chance to play some amazing horns that we just don't get to see around the US! I'll add you to the list.

Keep it coming folks! Two weeks before the second I'm going to alert the folks from DePaul and Northwestern know. I'll do a one week reminder to try to catrch up with the students as they get back in. I fyou know of any Chicago area trumpet students in the university/college system who might not be aware of this, let them know.

Don't forget to bring YOUR horns, too!

TTFN

Nick

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Directions to the mini-fest...

OK, folks, I have had some questions about directions to the mini fest from several different people, so I'll post them on every forum on which we are alerting people.

From the city of Chicago....

Kennedy to Edens
    Edens to Willow Road - take the first exit EAST
    Willow east to Forestway
    Left (North) on Forestway to Tower
    Right (East) on Tower to Vernon
    Left (North) on Vernon to Jackson
    Right (East) on Jackson to Randolph
    Left (north) on Randolph to Watts Community Center.
    We'll be in the rec room.

The address is 305 Randolph Street in Glencoe, Illinois 60022.

If you are coming from somewhere else, you canhit the Yahoo map finder. It has helepd me on MANY jobbing gigs.

I hope that helps. I'll post this at the other sites, too.

Nick

8. NickD

NickD Forte User

Maps to Mini FEst

Copied from Trumpet Herald:

Felix has been busy keeping an eye on things here. I've been a bit swamped as the school year has begun, I'm in the midst of a recording project and I've helping my mom with a moving of her household.

OK a bit more from for directions:

I have posted basic directions from Chicago and I've suggested that you dod a Yahoo map thing to get some specifics. I'm not sure if I can post the graphics here, but I think I can post some sort of map link.

From I90....

If you're west of the Tristate, get on 294 North and head up to the Willow Road exit - EAST. Take that for several miles to Forestway and then follow the directions that have been posted here in another part of the forum (it is in the Lounge as well). If you are near I90, but east of the airport, you need to judge whether or not it would be better to go to the Edens and head north to Willow or back to the Tristate.

The address is 305 Randolph Street in Glencoe, Illinois 60022.

I hope that helps a bit.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?n...pass=&i_ov=1&appid=&pan_x=0&pan_y=0&panable=1

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?n...pass=&i_ov=1&appid=&pan_x=0&pan_y=0&panable=1

I don't know if these huge links will work, but I thought I'd give them a go. The first one shows where the Watts center is. The second pulls out and shows where Glencoe is.

TTFN

Nick

9. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    See you there! Can't wait to try a couple more of Felix's horns. I especially can't wait to wrap my hands around one of his Eclipses!

10. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Come on down.
    It would be very nice to meet you in person.

Felix