CHiP's Theme

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by kingtrumpet, Dec 1, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Hey can anyone help me transpose the first line -- I have always loved this theme, but can't seem to get the first line transposed correctly.
    thanks.

CHiPs Intro - YouTube

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Here ya go... maybe you can make it out..

[​IMG]

3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
  4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    DISco,DISco,DISco,DISco,DISco,DISco,DISco,DISco ....ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Jiarby -- awesome -- thanks for the pick --- I was so close at about 90% of the notes -- but then again that is really so far away. But it is very cool that you have this pic.
    thanks again

6. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    isn't it something like a perfect 4th arpeggio with a 7th-8th at the top??

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    couldn't tell you -- I am merely trying to learn how to transpose some music. However, I get stumped easily. Like Chuck Mangniones "feels so good" -- I can grasp the initial line --- but have trouble with everything else. I probably need some better hearing, and perhaps some music theory classes, etc.

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    transposition is one of the most overlooked ways to get instantly better... ear training is the vital! Good work! Not sure why you picked CHiPs, but it doesn't matter!
    That's Dalton Smith and Gary Grant on that CHiPs recording. I think for the second season Faddis was on it... they changed the theme for the second year.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I think if you transpose a song that you like -- or one that endeared good memories (and can whirl around in that gray matter that I call a brain) all day -- then it would be easier to transpose -- ear training is vital!!!! - I agree, and that may be my biggest downfall (some hearing difficulties) --- nonetheless I seemed to have trained my "hearing" brain interface to "play" in tune, according to my digital tuner --- now the trick will to reverse that in transposition --- and Hear other "in tune" music --- mmmmmmmmmmm you would think that would be easy to reverse the process ------- I will keep working on it.