Chop Savers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rain, Nov 20, 2007.

1. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    It's wonderful. The company should do itself a favor and start selling it right next to regular chap stick... it is way better and would fly off the shelves!!

2. Blazing Asian

Blazing Asian Pianissimo User

Nov 10, 2006
    Does it really reduce swelling? Wow.

3. pipedope

pipedope Pianissimo User

Sep 2, 2007
    The best lip balm un the market!

My girlfriend loves it and she doesn't play horn.

I find it is great for general protection of my lips in the Alaskan winter and helps my chops recover much quicker for playing.

It IS expensive but WORTH IT!

I would that if enough people start using it the economy of scale will help and bring the price down some.
    I don't have a problem with the price but with no local dealer the shipping hurts.
    Still worth it!

4. graysono

graysono Mezzo Forte User

Jan 22, 2007
    Hyde Park, Utah
    It may be somewhere back in this thread where I tumbled to two recommendations because in the Utah winter I have been experiencing severe chapping and cracking. One was for Chop Savers which I have on order. The other was for Vitamin E sticks ($.96) at Wal Mart in the Vitamin Section. I bought the three sticks they had left at our store. Wow! Instant relief. And fairly quick repair. I, too, was a little shocked at the Chop Savers price, but we'll see what kind of job it does when the order arrives. Since it contains a big whack of Vitamin E itself (as well as aloe) it ought to be great.

5. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Chopsaver has really been a great help for me. Especially when I'm switching alitudes or playing on a hot windy day or a myriad of other conditions to where lips will dry out, crack, etc. I believe it is an essential tool in our toolbox.

Besides, it helps when a girl asks what it is and you can personally show her... oops.

6. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH

Amen Matt!!;-)

This stuff is amazing! I used to get cracked lips al the time, but keeping this stuff on frequently has virtually eliminated it.

7. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    I have some and it seems to work very well, except it messes me up if I put it on more than once a day.

8. confuoco

confuoco Pianissimo User

Nov 11, 2007
    Never tried it. but after reading these reviews maybe I will

9. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Good stuff!
    Stay in school!
    Learn to spell!

10. Jude

Jude Piano User

Dec 2, 2007
    It's also good for musicians with fingers - it helps prevent/deal with hangnails, which can be distracting while working out guitar fingerings. Especially when things aren't going well.