Chops and long etudes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NJtrpt, Feb 2, 2007.

1. NJtrpt

NJtrpt New Friend

Nov 16, 2006
    Hi,
    I have been workly lately on some long etudes and have been experiencing something that I'd like to bring up here.

When I play I do use good breathing techniques, use as minimal pressure as possible, remove the mouth piece during breathes etc, however, at times I get this weird "pressure" in my teeth, espically when I remove the MP. While my teeth do not move, it is a sensation that i can best describe as what feels like them shifting back into place.

Again, i know they are not moving, my dentist says i have healthy teeth that are solid in the bone etc. I am trying to see if anyone else experiences this. I doesn't happen every day, but it is troublesome (maybe because i dont know what it is).

Can anyone relate to this sensation?
    Thanks.
    Paul

2. trumpet520

trumpet520 Pianissimo User

Oct 25, 2006
    Oklahoma
    THAT HAPPENS TO ME TOO! i got my braces off in febuary and at first i attributed it to that. But i really dont know what it is.

3. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    Your teeth can, and do, move while playing. If you've had braces, you'll know the immense feeling of relief when you pop that retainer in after a long day of playing.

4. barato

barato New Friend

Jan 17, 2007
    Somewhere in Ohio
    I kind of get that feeling when I play with my braces. I have had them on for a month, but I have fully recovered in the playing field, except the higher register :-( . I do get the same sensation, feeling like my teeth are shifting. Yet again, I have braces so the higher chances show that the braces are creating the sensation. Other than that, I do not know what really can be causing your problems, since you have not had any teeth moving, or braces in the not so distant past.
    Good Luck, and Happy playing