ChopSaver lip balm... any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by paperarmytank, Feb 23, 2006.

1. RG111

RG111 Piano User

Nov 12, 2003
    This is a great product. I have many tubes on hand so I don't run out. My wife loves it too, and she's an organist!
    Roy Griffin

2. paperarmytank

paperarmytank New Friend

Feb 17, 2006
    Ohio
    Awesome. I shall definitely be ordering some right away. Thanks for all the help!

3. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    I received a tube of Chopsaver from the local music store to "check out". I like it, but with chapstick being 99 cents and almost as good, I can't see how this stuff is worth $5.

4. trumpjosh

trumpjosh Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2003
    I have some and tried it. It is good, but DCT works just as well for me and is cheaper. I know a lot of people who swear by it. I would say if you have trouble with chapped lips, definitely give it a shot.

5. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I like the taste of it....

6. someone

someone Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2006
    California
    Cool. I often get chapped lips (from too much playing, not not enough H20, I drink plenty), so I'll try it. Maybe I'll ask for it for my birthday. Speaking of which, my parents want to know what I want and I have no clue. Anyone have any ideas of trumpet gifts I could ask for that are cheap (under $70 or so)?

7. SD-Vic

SD-Vic New Friend

Jan 25, 2006
    California
    That stuff helps the lips a bunch for me, especially since I've started practicing everyday now. BTW, Someone, here's some gift ideas under $70.
    1) A mute that you don't yet have
    2) A mouthpiece pouch for multiple mouthpieces
    3) Lots of Chopsaver
    4) A new mouthpiece
    5) The Arbans Platinum Edition
    6) Acid dip / overhaul for your trumpet
    and last but not least...
    7) Another brand named used trumpet from Ebay for stuff like Marching band (so you don't ding your horn).

8. robertwhite

robertwhite Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Another plug for ChopSaver! I seriously won't use anything else. It's really nice to not even have to think about chapped lips anymore!

And when I'm beat up, putting this on when I go to bed makes the chops feel a LOT better in the morning. I can't think of anything else which accomplishes that.

I have no doubt that this is the best stuff out there for your chops.

9. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    $70? How about an initial deposit into a "new horn savings account"?

10. someone

someone Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2006
    California
    I'm pretty much happy with my getzen for now (plus, I'm entering that eclipse contest...hehe who knows [yea right]). I've got some good ideas now.