Chris Botti concert in Green Bay, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Kevin Whiting, Feb 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Finally, the day has come. Chris Botti in Green Bay, Wisconsin tonight! I feel like it's Christmas today - so excited. I have been waiting a long time to see Chris in concert (I wanted to see him in California last winter, but my wife put a stop on that one).

A little practice this morning, 2 hour drive to Green Bay, check into the hotel - have a Scotch, out to dinner at Plae Bistro, then the big event (Then another Scotch).

Anybody else going to be there?

2. ricecakes230

ricecakes230 Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2013
    Texas
    I'll be there for the scotches..

3. songbook

songbook Piano User

Apr 25, 2010
    Hope you enjoyed the show. I was fortunate to see him at the Blue Note in New York City. He put on a great show. Surrounds himself with top notch musicians.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh man... The Blue Note... I can only imagine the venue for that performance. What a fabulous place to see Chris play!

5. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    It was a really GREAT concert. The venue on the campus of UW Green Bay is really cool.

Chris really puts on a great show - GREAT PLAYING. He had a violin player named Caroline Campbell - fantastic violinist, and really hot. My daughter is a really good cello player, and she was truly impressed. His drummer is unbelievable. Great musicians all around.

We had 7 people in our group, and every one of them said this was one of the best concerts they had ever seen! I say it was the best concert I had ever seen.

Oh, and the scotch before and after the show - well, that was just the icing on the cake.

Chris Botti, thank you for a truly memorable evening!!!!!!

Richard Oliver likes this.
  6. songbook

songbook Piano User

Apr 25, 2010
    I'm assuming it was the same drummer who was at the Blue Note; and yes he was worth the price of admission himself. Was fortunate enough to run into Mr. Botti as we were leaving, and had a chance to tell him how much we enjoyed the performance. Was very gracious and appreciative. Great ambassador for the music profession.

7. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    It's always nice when those we admire turn out to be warm and gracious people. Everyone should aspire to that standard.

8. Pete

Pete Piano User

Nov 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Yes, Chris puts on a great show. I had the pleasure of talking to him at the Blue Note in NYC on a night that he sat in with Maynard's band! He and I talked for about 45 minutes. All the trumpet players were lined up to talk to Maynard, so I talked to Chris instead. He definitely is a good guy.

Pete

9. MAZ

MAZ Pianissimo User

Aug 6, 2007
    Was the drummer Billy Kilson?

He played the Blue Note for 2 weeks at the end of December the past few years. Of all the NYC clubs, the Blue Note is at the bottom of my list but they book the big names and sometimes you just have to go.

I give him tremendous credit for typically going to the lobby after a concert to sign autographs, take photos, chat, etc. He stays through the last person in line. He doesn't need to do this. No one in the audience would be disappointed to just go home. It's just a very nice touch and very smart business.

10. Kevin Whiting

Kevin Whiting Piano User

Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Yup, drummer was Billy Kilson. Billy is a stud.