Chris Botti concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Gary Garcia, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Gary Garcia

Gary Garcia Pianissimo User

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    My wife and I had the pleasure of going up to Oakland this weekend to see Chris Botti and his great band. What a great experience.He also had a young and beautiful girl that played an electric violin.Wow, they played a great duet together,but I don't know her name.To highlight the evening, he autographed my 1947 Martin Committee trumpet for me and asked if I wanted to sell it.It doesn't get any better. --Gar

2. MLanghardt

MLanghardt New Friend

Apr 7, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    Lucia Micarelli is the name of the violin player and I would highly recommend checking out her cd "Music From A Farther Room." Chris puts on an amazing show and is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I'm glad you and your wife got to see him. How about a pic of the horn?

3. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    THATS IS SOO GREAT
    I wish i saw him one day, but mate i live in Australia and none of these people come down here.

Your very lucky and you should use those oppertunites when they come.

4. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    oh i forgot to mention this did he play any of there:
    Lisa
    Streets Ahead

?

If so how did they sound live?

5. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Sounds like a good time, Gary! Would love to see pics of the horn...

6. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

The violinist has also played with Josh Groban, I believe. Yes, Botti is fantastic in concert. We'd all love some pics of the horn!

7. MLanghardt

MLanghardt New Friend

Apr 7, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I havent seen him play Lisa lately. Streets Ahead is thrown in every now and again. Much faster tempo, it really showcases the drummer and theres alot more improv by Chris thrown in.

8. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    Here's a few pictures of the Martin Committee That Chris signed.Thanks for all the interest.--Gar:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

9. Mason

Mason Pianissimo User

Oct 7, 2008
    Australia
    wow thats a very nice trumpet and signature. I would be honored and i would never sell that.

How did you meet him when his on stage i mean you cant just go to the security and say let me see Botti or do you wait in the car park till he comes out lol?

10. Gary Garcia

Apr 27, 2008
    san jose,ca.
    My wife talked to the manager at Yoshi's and sent Chris a xmas card thru Yoshi's. In the card she told him that her husband wanted him to autograph a 1947 Martin committee trumpet. After the shows he signs autographs and cd's.He knew we were coming and looked for us because of the card.---Very nice guy and my wife thinks he's cute --Gar