Chris Botti Interview

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Saile, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
  2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    How can anyone not like this guy ..humble, dedicated, and sincere. Plays with such heart too.
    Thanks for posting ....one of those videos that just makes you want to grab your horn and practice.

3. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    coolerdave did you have a look at the second video with the scales?

4. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I have said before that Chris's chosen style is not my favorite, but I do like his work ethic.

5. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Changing how he holds his horn probably changed the angle he holds the horn to his mouth. It worked with his embrasure. It may or may not help anyone else. It works for him.
    -Bobby

6. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I won't tell what I would hold to instantly improve my playing that quickly. Instead I will keep practicing and studying.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Loved the first question: "What do you think BustedChops would think of you?"

8. Jersey Dave

Jersey Dave New Friend

Jan 23, 2012
    Branchburg,n.j.
    Besides having the pleasure to talk with Chris on numerous occasions along with the trumpet lesson he gave my son at the Blue Note, and a fantastic truimpet player, he is an extemely nice person who my son has looked up to for the past 7 years...As you can see in the interview, the same advice he gives , is the same advice he gave my son, and always when we see him his first words to my son are "You still practicing?"...Anyone who hasn't seen him in concert must do so, because even though his cd's are terrific, him and his band are so much better in person...You won't be disappointed....

9. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    The first Chris Botti concert I went to in Durham, NC a few years ago still inspires me. After the concert, he was at the signing table. I thought that I would just be able to say hi. He talked with me for about 20 minutes while he was signing things for the other people. We just talked like trumpet players that were friends.

10. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I watched the full interview last night.Wow! Very inspiring. His style is sarting to grow on me as a listener. I may never be inspired to play like Chris, but I am inspired to be the best me that I can be.