Chris Botti nailed this one!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Conn-solation, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    A great rendition, just enough artistic flair to make it his, but respectful with no Bells and Whistles. I like -

Thanks for sharing

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I was just about to post that. His tone is amazing

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I will agree with Peter, a very tasteful rendition, however here in Australia we have an official arrangement of the National Anthem, a copy of which can be obtained free of charge from the local Federal member of Parliament. As a grumpy old man I feel that this should be the only one played, there is no need for artists to put their own spin on it.

Regards, Stuart.

4. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
  5. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  6. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I am not really good with this soloist stuff. Bach and his major choral/orchestral works have a concept of "the congregation of believers". These are the chorale movements where the whole choir sings. I believe the national anthem deserves the same. Big band, choir, crowd participation. I mean they play this tune for a reason, not just for those hanging an american flag on their porch. I think the national anthem presentation sucks when it is about Chris Botti nailing it. He is a great player, but hardly representative of the "congregation of believers". I think Bach was on to something....... Something that the event managers have lost/never had.

Our national Anthem is about the COUNTRY not the individual. We honor our soldiers and all others that make America great. Collective.

8. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  9. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I was wondering how he'd managed a 4th July appearance in the US and then appeared in Melbourne (TZ 17 hours ahead) tonight...
    [​IMG]

bumblebee likes this.