Chris Botti's New Album Impressions is now available.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    "Losing You" is fantastic as well!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Saile... It's really great listening to Chris Botti with you tonight. Were else but here on TM! Thanks kind sir for sharing your thoughts as the CD continues to play into my mind.

3. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    At 3:22 on "Losing You", when Botti starts to play, i think its sensational. My favorite song on the album. His half notes in the song sound so good

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What you have at 3:22 is raw emotion. Isn't that something the feeling Chris puts into that note. But the set up, I mean the voice of Vince Gill, a song penned by Randy Newman... and Chris Botti's artestry that blends it all together!

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Of interest... When I riped the CD onto my MicroSoft Media player... its lists the artist as Unknown... and Tracks are untitled other than Track 1... Track 2...

Anyone else had this happen?

No problem, I typed in the artist as gmonady... I figure if I don't play or sell my computer saved version, I'm safe from the copyright police!:lol:

codyb226 likes this.
  6. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    haha yer you just have to used Windows Media player to find "Album Info" by right clicking on the album.

Usually does that after you rip a cd onto your pc.

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Just tried doing this, and searched using "Chris Botti". The album cover was not displayed albeit all of his other albums were found. Could it be that Impressions being just released is too new? I will try again in a month.

8. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    yer i get that as well. But yer trying it in a week or so. It just came out

9. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    The more I listen the more I like it. It opens up so beautifully with Prelude No. 20 in C minor.

10. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Must get.......must get........I'm thinking maybe I might get it too. Thanks Doc.