Chris Botti's New Album Impressions is now available.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Jersey Dave

Jersey Dave New Friend

Jan 23, 2012
    Branchburg,n.j.
    I have had the cd for the last 5 days and been listening to it even at work on my computer, wonderful music, great trumpet playing and Leonardo Amuedo's guitar just superb...The only negative i have is not the music on "What a Wonderful World", but i probably would have preferred someone other then Mark Knopfler to sing it...Otherwise an excellant cd, hope to see Chris at Count Basie in August...

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Chris' playing stopped me dead in my tracks on that one. With the "gosh" and "wow" that happens when, yes, something "stunningly beautiful" happens our way. In this woebegone world, what a lovely antidote.

3. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    I agree, but the actually trumpet playing was still great

4. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    My cd has yet to arrive, but has been shipped. I am very anxious for it to get to me now. Your opinion is very highly valued, Doc! Well, judging from this thread, the participants do not think Chris Botti is "Awful"
    Back some several hundred years ago, the word "Awful" meant exactly the opposite that it does today, in the Old English, it meant "full of awe and wonder". It was used to describe something greatly admired for it's awesome-ness, actually. I'm not sure "artistical" is a word Doc, but I'm just doing my job here, [editing].....we are still friends to the end, don't worry.:D

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    His ticket proces have soared in the last 2 or 3 years, another indication of how he has established himself as a true superstar [ that term may stir up some talk, sorry! ]

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Always good to see a trumpet player getting paid.

Turtle

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    I am listening right now as I read TM. The CD is rich, lush, soothing. Oblivion may be my favorite piece of music of any genre. It evokes tears, but not sadness.

Two years ago we saw Chris in concert in Syracuse. The afternoon performance was part of series which sought to promote the arts and our tickets cost $5 each. In hindsight (actually hindhearing) I would have paid $50 for that concert.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  8. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    Veery, I was at that same concert. Worth every penny. His live performances are amazing in that he did not crack a note. Not one. I love the way he promotes music education, also. Anyway, I just downloaded the album and am also listening to it now. Good stuff.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    BigDub... would love to hear your review once you hear this... as I am absolutely stunned by your artistic perspective and would truly enjoy your highly respected opinion.

10. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Ah, a man and his proofreader. How cute!