Chris Botti's New Album Impressions is now available.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    We are moving away from the album reviews...:-o;-):D

I've been listening daily. Probably will continue to listen daily until Melody Gardot's new album is released next month.

2. Jersey Dave

Jersey Dave New Friend

Jan 23, 2012
    Branchburg,n.j.
  3. Saile

Saile Piano User

Nov 11, 2010
    thanks for that!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am buying a copy of the CD for my Mother-in-Law that is visiting in a couple weeks. I got her Chris's Italia CD (She is a first generation Italian - now from New York City) and loved that album. She is 92 years old. It is so amazing how Chris can span his audience from kids to elderly. Just so you're not confused, my Mother-in-Law is the kid!

5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Well, here is the long awaited critique from your beloved editor, as requested.
    Listening to it (over and over) is like eating your favorite food and being continually satisfied, and yet still having the sensation it's the first time you ever tasted it. As the cd slides into my car player, I think, let's see, I have about a half hr drive ahead of me, I better slip it ahead to some of the later cuts, then I can't let it go past the first song, and the second, and the third..........and each one I say, that one's my favorite, then no, this one's my favorite..........and so on.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Check post #20... Who's da man that sold you on getting this CD... I am waiting for it... I am waiting for it... I am waiting for it...

A BIG _ _ _ _ _ YOU

Please note, the blanks you are to fill in are 5... count them... 5

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    A BIG _ _ _ _ _YOU - UH, let me see........5 letters. G N O M A, no, can't be that, used all 5 already. T-H-A-N-K you. There you go. Love means never having to say you're sorry, but not thank you. -remember that, my editing subject. Yes, good call on suggesting I get the cd. Not a mistake.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :wub:

9. trumpettrax

trumpettrax Piano User

Mar 18, 2006
    Texas
    What did you all think about his comment that he "never" used chap stick because it might interfere with his playing??? I found that very curious.

10. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    "Brad Pitt just found the music for his Chanel #5 commericial." Is that supposed to be humor?