Chris Botti's New Album Impressions is now available.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I think that's a sticky topic.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Is that what you heard? What about the comment Chris made the comment that he wants "nothing between me and my trumpet" pointing to his lips, and the cute chick says, "We don't what that"... with the comment then made "Until at the end of the show". We hear what we want to hear.

3. trumpettrax

trumpettrax Piano User

Mar 18, 2006
    Texas
    If you actually watch the video, Chris does not say "until after the show" that was David Foster. Then Chris laughs. So, this was what I actually heard. He actually said "never" at :26 sec into the video.

4. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Yeh. I'd be careful with chap stick before a show. I guess if Botti says he never uses it, he has a good reason.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yep I too heard the comment coming from David Foster... he has a great humor. As does Chris, as I believe he was aiming his "never" comment at David Foster.

6. trumpettrax

trumpettrax Piano User

Mar 18, 2006
    Texas
    How could you make that assumption that he was "aiming his 'never' comment at David Foster"?

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

This whole conversation is open for interpretation. I was going off the mood of joviality that David Foster was playing off of when the host commented to David Foster "but you're just the piano player", at which time Chris glances and gives a laugh toward David Foster. At this moment the woman host opens up the conversation with the comment, "Look at the lips on Chris". I see it as a male bonding... "nudge, nudge, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat", kind of thing. Just friendly banter between two chaps related to a question delivered by an attractive woman interviewer... Chris displayed gentlemanly innocence in this banter... true to the person I believe that he is.

So does anyone else out there in TM land have any input regarding Chris's comments about chap stick. Thanks.

8. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    Saw Chris Botti for the third time last Saturday night at the Riverside in Milwaukee.

Best show yet for me...4th row and he was literally within touching distance when he stepped off stage and played. My better half and I brought a couple with us that has never been exposed to him....so they came in blind. They were extremely impressed with his performance and the personality that he showed. As always his musicians were top notch....Each and every one of them more than capable of hosting their own concert, both guests and standard touring mates.

I'll never miss a show if he's in town....

Tickets were $32 ea. plus around $10 handling fee on each. Not too bad for a memorable night out.

Thanks Chris and bandmates...Awesome show!

9. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    Not bad.... I saw him 3 days ago although I think my cost was closer to $75 but I bought the tickets very late, but I was 2nd row (5th row technically but on the side of the stage I was the 2nd row) Very very close to the action and I could practically reach out and touch him during part of the show where he was a few feet from me in the crowd.

I stayed after the show and got autographs as well as a picture with him and thought it was great that he does that for the fans.

... If you have seen him 4 times have you noticed a drop off in turnout for his shows? Last year there was a line going around the building to get autographs and I wasn't able to hang out to get one, this year there was a relatively short line to get autographs/pictures. Someone thought that the down economy may be to blame for the turnout.

10. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    The show we saw looked to be sold out or close to it....Tickets were originally purchased last July for an October show....then it was rescheduled and pushed back to Mothers day weekend...It may have been packed because of the long ticket purchasing window.....although I'm guessing many got their money back with such a long gap.

Was well worth the wait for us.

The crowd around the table where he signed autographs was relatively stout IMO. Because of the fact that we were in the first few rows...it took us the longest to leave....allowing the crowd to dissipate somewhat. There was a pretty decent line waiting for autographs, so much so that we decided not to wait in it. (We have autographed items from the first show we attended).