Chris Botti's New Album Impressions is now available.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Big Daddy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Let's get this resolved right away. I need to get my sleep, and if it isn't resolved soon, I may toss and turn all night wondering what are the consequences of such a serious topic.:-?

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow, BigDub, if you are loosing sleep over this we've either gotta:

1) Increase your social life
    OR
    2) Give you more editing details to perform

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Spelled= "losing"
    Didn't you get the sarcasm??? It was dripping with it. Sorry to be too subtle.

4. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    No, it's Ralph Lauren who does Chaps.

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Wow, you mean they made a special long window where you could buy the tickets, and it was still packed?? I guess I'd go just to see that window!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Didn't you get the purposeful misspelling of loosing. I was giving you something to do. I was feeling sorry for you man... sarcasm or not... that's the kind of humanitarian that I am.

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    My "like" was for the fabulous sarcasm. Well done, veery, well done. I also like it when people say, "the line was so long, and it wasn't moving at all". If it was moving, it would be a parade, or single file processional, wouldn't it? That's what lines do, sit still and don't move. :roll:

8. duanemassey

duanemassey Piano User

Jul 14, 2009
    Houston
    Finally bought a copy of this CD, and (I know I'm gonna get bashed for this) it's not going to be one of my favorites. I like Botti's earlier work, I love what he is doing for the promotion of the instrument, and I have nothing but respect for who he is. This disc just has way too much over-the-top reverb and lushness for my taste. I don't dislike anything on it, but I really wish they would have put something with a bit of energy in there somewhere. It seems like almost every cut starts out with some sort of new-age piano or guitar meandering. From all the descriptions posted here I thought there would be something that really swung or had an edge to it. "Night Sessions", for example, has a good mix of selections. This whole disc just never catches fire (which I know is intentional).