Christmas Came Early!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by FreshBrewed, Dec 9, 2005.

1. FreshBrewed

FreshBrewed Mezzo Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    We just received six brand new Eclipse MY bell trumpets here at the band. That makes a total of eight that I can play any time I want to :bleah: . Thanks go out to Leigh, John, and the rest of the team at Eclipse. The horns are great and play like a dream.

2. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    oh yeah - - - I hope all of your kids are born naked. [hows that for a reply?]. boy am I jealous. dave

3. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Dave,
    you don't have to be jealous.
    You can have one any time you want :D

Felix

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Mike, did the Army buy those horns for the band or did the guys all have to "get together" on it? (Or did Leigh suddenly have... yet.... another fit of generosity!?)

5. FreshBrewed

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Toots,

The Army bought the horns. So I must send out a big "Thank You" to all the American taxpayers. Know that your money is well spent. :D

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Gee, is this the first time they've bought "other than" Bach? (Kanstul Marching Brass not included)?

What a coup for Leigh..... "By Appointment to the U.S.Army". Has a certain cachet to it, doesn' it? :D

7. FreshBrewed

Nov 11, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Toots,

We actually only have one Bach here. About 6 years ago, the the last section leader bought 7 Calicchios. They fell apart in the desert due to the extreme heat. We also have one Getzen Eterna and two Yamaha trumpets. Each of us should technically have a back-up, so that's why 4 trumpet players have so many horns. The guys that are with me here now all lean to the classical side. Our sounds were close before the Eclipses but now they are even closer. Blending will not be an issue once eveyone else gets used to the Eclipses. This should be fun considering we will get to play together for atleast 18 more months. :D

22925H,

Every band has a budget. Each section in the band just waits their turn to buy instruments when we have the money. The problem concerning Hummers in the desert is that the companies couldn't make them fast enough. By now, everyone over there has some kind of armor on their vehicle. Those that don't have armor, choose not to have it for tactical reasons.

8. londonhusker

londonhusker Guest

deleted

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2007
  9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Tootsall asked:
    According to the Schilke Loyalist, the army bought Schilkes a couple of times.
    Laquered, not silver.

www.dallasmusic.org/schilke/Bells, slides and finish.html
    (bottom of page)

-cw-

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Chuck... yes I knew that they'd purchased Schilke in the past (and, I suspect, Getzen and possibly Yamaha). I was just being a little "tongue in cheek". It's quite a testament to what a small, private maker like Leigh is doing to pull this one off though. Maybe I'll even get to hear them: I've just confirmed my tickets to Munich for next summer. :D