Christmas

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Dec 25, 2011.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I know that many on TM celebrate Christmas. There has to be a few that got some very cool trumpet related gifts this year. Tell us about it and post some pictures. Merry Christmas!! :play:

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No pics as my brother has it, but my Christmas gift to my brother was having his Olds Recording refurbished by Tom Green. So yes in a way, my brother is having a Green Christmas in Hamilton, Ohio.

3. harleyt26

harleyt26 Mezzo Forte User

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.
    Merry Christmas!
    My family got me a new Hamilton music stand. Far nicer than the cheapy fold up stand I have had for years.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And today is the perfect day to christen it by placing a Christmas Song book up on the stand and carol your family with trumpet joy! And wow, suddenly there is this Hamilton theme, did you note the recepient of my trumpet Christmas present is from Hamilton, Ohio?

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    my parents got me a Stagg music stand -- pretty nice, and folds up a wee bit, so I can take it to gigs. Reasonably heavy though --- should last me a lifetime.
    something similiar to these "orchestral music stands" -- Staggmusic - Products ---

6. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I was given one with the holes a couple of Christmases ago. Very nice. When folded it fits right between the straps that fold to make a handle on my protec case. Makes it easier to carry. Especially when carrying the book for the big band in the other hand!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes - the bottom part folds up, the actual music holder doesn't fold up, but I don't see that as a big hindrance to transporting it. I think the holes are supposed to make it lighter, but I am already devising a plan to add elastic straps to hold the music when I am outdoors. I will probably end up with the conventional wooden clothespins as most people have --- but I was thinking of an use for those holes. ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    My daughter just reported that the kid across the street got a trumpet for Christmas. She saw him come out on the porch and honk on it. Poor kid. Hope he gets used to being exiled for his choice of instrument. Even after one becomes proficient they have to be careful not to disturb others on this grand instrument.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, my friend Phil B. in high school was a very gifted ("natural") trumpet player. However, he was banished to practicing in the cold barn a little ways away from the house --- so in the winter he never practiced - but he still sounded good, anyhow. Eventually he ended up "quitting" the trumpet, because he was bored with it anyhow --------seems the trumpet (with or without practice) was too easy an instrument for him.........................how sad, how very sad!!!!!!!!

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Get him signed up as the newest member to TM. Perhaps even a Christmas Member! A Member to Remember! Yes sign them up today!