Christmas

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xjb0906, Dec 25, 2011.

1. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Lol. He is a little young for that. He is 6.

2. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    I ran across this tuner in a local music store and bought one to try for myself. I like that it can be switched to work by microphone or by direct vibration (great to tune a french horn, I am getting feedback based on the instrument, not the ambient noise in the room). I liked it so much I surprised everyone in the Horn and trumpet section in my community band with one (both husband and I are section leaders) It seemed like a nice thing to do and I found a deal on them online.

Amazon.com: Snark SN-2 All Instrument Clip-On Chromatic Tuner: Musical Instruments

Warmest wishes for a wonderful holiday

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Gee - I got an electronic tuner from my section leader for Christmas! I wonder if she is trying to tell me something!! Oh well, at least it's not deodorant!!

All kidding aside, E1, that is very generous of you. The more you post, the more you come off as someone to admire.

Merry Christmas, all!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    With some of the posts I have seen here on TM recently, I think he'd be at just the right age. In fact, I doubt if he'd even need a posting handicap.

5. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    LOL! It's kind of like giving someone with bad breath a piece of gum. There has been discussion of doing the same thing for our community band.

6. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    Merry Christmas All,

I had a good haul this year and I know that I am lucky.

4 Music Minus One CDs
    Louis Armstrong’s Great California Concerts Box Set
    Wynton Marsalis, Classic Wynton
    Alison Balsom, Bach Works for Trumpet
    John Elliot Gardiner's Handel Messiah with period instrumentation, recorded by Philips
    Conte and Pete Candoli, Fascinating Rhythm
    Balvenie Double Wood 12 years
    Glendfiddich Snow Pheonix 12 years
    2 Edradour 10 year
    Johnny Walker Red Label
    Famous Grouse Black Label

I think a case could be made that scotch is trumpet related ;-)

BrotherBACH

7. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I got a new MP3 player to replace the one I lost on a trip to Florida. Been struggling all day to get it authorized to use with my Rhapsody account. GRrr..

8. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    Just got it to work! Had to talk to a dude in India to make it happen. Ready to transfer some music!!

9. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    No wonder you don't want to practice. You have enough Scotch and Recordings to keep you busy for a day. Take a break and enjoy!

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I got a jazz play-along CD and the Frank Sinatra Fakebook.

Here's one Gary would like, although it's not trumpet-related. I got the book "Stuck Up!" (http://www.amazon.com/Stuck-Up-Inserted-Ingested-Shouldnt/dp/0312680082). Not sure what shows less intelligence ... actually doing some of the things documents in this book, or giving permission for your story to be published. :-)

Mike