Chronic Sinusitis

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bamajazzlady, Mar 8, 2013.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The amoeba thing is kinda nasty and it's why they state plainly in the directions to only use distilled or boiled water (yeah, let it cool 1st).

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    It's alarmingly simple and will actually stop you forking out money to the ENT.
    Boil up one and a half pints of water, and let boil for about a minute; then pour into a narrowish jug and add three drops of pure eucalyptus oil (you can get that stuff anywhere for scent lamps and the like) stir the mixture, let it cool for about five minutes and then hold your face above the steam and breathe regularly for ten minutes. When the mixture gets cooler, drape the jug's upper end in a towel and retain the steam this way. Don't forget to stir the mixture every minute or so.
    Or get yourself a full inhalation kit which won't work any better than the jug.

You can actually keep that mixture for a day or two and reheat in the microwave. After two days, it will be too weak to work.

3. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    I cure it by refereeing a football game (soccer) and then take a nice hot shower. Boy does it all pour out! (or is that too much information?) ;-)

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    sorry to hear that

5. Sharvey

Sharvey Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2012
    Australia
    You are a sick man Mr Conntribution. I thoughtnitbwasthecdomain of ten year old boys to think up rhymes about snot.

6. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    You have no idea.

7. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    There was that guy Conntribution,
    a man with a good constitution,
    who decent was not
    and wrote about snot
    and then got TM retribution...

8. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    From time to time start to get an ear ache, it is often paired with bad breath. I use my finger and reach back in my throat and massage the opening to my ear eustacian tube(usually during a shower) to help the infected mucous move. Also drink nice warm tea, gargle with salt water, and yawn alot. If you go to a doctor they will prescribe antibiotics, but I think it is better to avoid that especially if it is truly chronic.

9. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Uh...wow!

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    How do you overcome the gag reflex?? :shock: