Chuck Cox and Dave Hetzer meet and trade horns to play in Santa Monica.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Chuck Cox, May 26, 2012.

1. sounds7

sounds7 Forte User

Sep 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    fantastic, let me know when you guys are down in New Orleans. I have some horns for you to try.

2. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I read your Beep, Beep post Gary, then I got distracted singing the song. Nice 1.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    hey guy did you catch the "cute chick" in the picture?? ---- I mean what is a good looking woman like that doing hanging out with these old guys??? such is the luck in California ---"Californian Dreamin'" --- wine, women, and the waves - -dude!! far out!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    I wouldn't mind trading horns with ya Chuck! Granted in my small town we don't have parking garage but we could find something!

5. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Wait, who traded what for what?

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Read their posts carefully. Its's clearly obvious, they were trading 4's in the parking lot.

7. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    Yes, I see now........ Thank you gmonady, I get it. Too bad, I though Dave Hetzer got a great deal by trading a conn for a committee!

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That would only happen if Chuck were demented... Or Dave slipped him ACID... Oh wait... they were in California.

Chuck, you better check your trumpet case...
    I know you were on a trip... just hope is wasn't a 'bad trip' if you know what I mean!

9. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    The Doc is right. That would be a very bad trip. Check your horn and make sure.

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    ... It was a blast meeting Chuck and Jeanne.... Chuck told me he was bringing his Committee so I was trying to find something he might get a kick out of playing .... I thought the 28b Concert Grand might be a horn he hadn't played yet...
    We wanted to hit the pier with the ladies so we basically did a quick toot , MUSICAL TOOT, and headed for the sun and surf.
    Hey, Chuck played the best Ave Maria in Santa Monica that day... hands down ... seemed pretty appropriate considering the parking lot acoustics