Chuck Cox and Dave Hetzer meet and trade horns to play in Santa Monica.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Chuck Cox, May 26, 2012.

1. suewatters1

suewatters1 Pianissimo User

May 11, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yes I can't wait to get either a Trumpet or a Cornet

Sue

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    cornet is very good option ... easier to hold ... a lot I have played were easier to move around on technically.... unless you are talking about Chuck's Committee of course

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    EDITORIAL COMMENT:

I find it interesting that using “drug” humor received several likes on this thread, but when I tried to use similar humor in the following line:

I believe rolling the paper you put between your lips that contains wacky tobacky will benefit you more than rolling your lips. And it's safer too... Assuming you don't get BUSTED!

This sarcastic humor was to present my position that rolling your lips to improve your tone, is just about as likely to achieve an enhanced tone as would be smoking a joint, but more beneficial since you likely would not care. I received a red chicklet (that subtracts 25 rep points from my total) from WiseOne, with his comment for the punitive dislike of “not funny”.

I find it interesting that many see my light heartedness entertaining on this thread, but the same light heartedness on the thread "Playing "In the Red" With Big Lips" as a comment punishable by loosing 25 rep points.:dontknow:

mgcoleman and coolerdave like this.
  4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    so if I mention that years ago Darryl Strawberry, and Dwight "Doc" Gooden (famous baseball players) were given no fewer than 3 chances to come back to baseball, after being drug abusers, they got 2nd, and 3rd chances -- I believe Doc Gooden mentioned once that he pitched a no hitter while on "illicit" drugs ---- and these guys were childrens Hero's, but YET druggies --- then we have Pete Rose, who was ousted from baseball for betting on games (even though the lottery tickets, and the off track betting are sold everywhere in America)
    and now we Roger Clemens (and many others) who juiced up on what I believe are dangerous -- but LEGAL drugs called steroids (although they are supposedly bannned in the majors) --- oh they hate Roger Clemmons for that -- but if he used cocaine, or hash, or whatever ILLEGAL drug --he would be allowed to "go scott free" so to speak.

now GM -- do you think the TRUTH will illicit the same response from any one who is WISE?? and deduct point from me??
    likely --- I didn't stay on subject matter here --and that will be the problem

NICE HORNS CHUCK - THEY LOOK AWESOME EVEN IN A PARKING GARAGE -- nice looking chick next to you also -- I might add. gee hope that helps the subject matter.

5. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Seems like the only thing missing would be Vera. I mean, you are all someone's grandchildren. Someone older than 64.

6. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    I'm sure THAT will cure you of your overly-cerebral humor. It's an IQ thing, so just take your little red chicklet like a man!

7. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Well I gave you some positive rep for the pier pressure comment. It's OK to be funny.

mgcoleman likes this.
  8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ

9. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I wouldn't ever give the Doc a red chicklet! No not I. He has a great trumpet side manner!

coolerdave likes this.
  10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA