Chuck Findley model.

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Groovyhorn, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Groovyhorn

Groovyhorn New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Larry,

Maybe you can tell more about the rumour that Calicchio will come with a Chuck Findley Signature trumpet. It will be the 1s/2 with some modifications.

2. Larry Gianni

Larry Gianni Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi Groovyhorn,

As a matter of fact, I do know something about the new CF Calicchio, but becasue it isn't out yet, I just gave Dave Johnson a call on his cellphone in Tulsa and asked if he or John wanted to say a few words, publically on the subject.

Dave told me he doesn't think John or he could see any reason not to say a few words about it and it just so happens, Chuck himself will be at the Tulsa plant tomorrow. Dave said he and John will take some time tomorrow and send me a e-mail about it.

Let's see Dave Monette do that for all the " little people " out here in trumpet land.

When I get it and only after I plagerise it all and take all the credit for the project , I'll feel guilty enough to probably, just paste it to the site, verbatium.

See ya tomorrow with some word on the subject " from the horses mouth '

Dave Johnson, said he and John were on their way to the " Neverland Ranch " to see if they could buy the motor from MJ's "Faris Wheel " and adapt it to their new bell spinning lathe for the new CF bell.

That bell's going to have to be made at " Moch 2 hyper-spin " so it gets that perfect " quantum overtone intensity pattern " to the sound.

Trust me and I say this in all respect, the John Duda I know will settle for nothing less in his quest and will never compromise in making all Calicchio's to perfection

Taking the " red eye " to Santa Barbara and getting back the next day ,is a small price to pay for what these guys at Calicchio want to acccomplish in achieving the ultamate line of trumpets.

Larry

See you tomorrow , " hey you over there, is the open bar still going on? "

3. Larry Gianni

Larry Gianni Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi all,

Here's an e-mail I got from Dave Johnson at Calicchio concerning the forth comming " Chuck Findley " model.

Hi Larry,

Still loving the site, you're doing a great job and helping us out like
    crazy! John and I don't know of anyone around who knows more about the
    history of Calicchio and the players than you.

As far as Chuck's trip out here, he's coming in January. I feel this
    overwhelming sense of pride to be involved with Calicchio when I read
    Chuck's tribute on his latest CD, to "The Calicchio family for the only
    trumpet I will play." The more I have the opportunity to talk with guys like
    Chuck Findley, Dave Trigg, Claudio Roditi, Jay Daversa, Walt Johnson, Diego
    Urcola, Oscar Brashear and Nick Marchione, it becomes clearer and clearer,
    not only how nice these guys are, but also how much the Calicchio name means
    to them.

Chuck has honored us by being a great supporter of Calicchio for so many
    years that we want to honor him with a signature model. You couldn't ask for
    a greater player or a nicer guy to stand behind your product! I'm also very
    interested in his feelings about Duda's work compared to Domenick's. So far,
    I'd take Duda's horns over all of the Domenick horns that I've tried, so I'm
    quite excited to get Chuck's take, since I figure he must have about as good
    a Domenick horn as there is out there.

Although we haven't hammered out any details with Chuck yet, I've had the
    good fortune to have spoken with him several times. We've booked him a
    flight out here and the rest will be figured out in January!

Thanks again,

Dave

Looks like we will just have to wait and see. Right now Chuck plays the very popular model , 1s bell and 2 leadpipe, ML, gold plated built in 1968 with 1 brace at the tuning slide.

Larry

Larry

4. Groovyhorn

Groovyhorn New Friend

Nov 10, 2003
    Thanks Larry!!!