Church repertoire

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ehg3322, Dec 23, 2012.

1. ehg3322

ehg3322 New Friend

Oct 23, 2010
    Norway
    I understand now that we have very different church cultures.

I have talked to the musical leader of the church that are paying me and we have worked it out. So after this post I will not respond or write anything in this thread.

Thanks for all the response and a Marry Christmas to all of you!!

2. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  3. Jimmie D

Jimmie D New Friend

Feb 26, 2011
    New Hampsihire
    Try using Brasstrax at Accompaniment Music-Accompaniment Tracks . You can purchase accompaniment CDs with sheet music. Even if you chose not to use the CDs there is a good selection of hymns and praise music. I do church solos with accompaniment CDs. I also use accompaniment CDs that are created for singers and wite out the music or just play by ear.

Some of the church hymnals have trumpet arrangements available. My favorite is the "Celebration Hymnal". You can buy a "Celebration Hymnal" trumpet version for under $80. Some of the hymns will have respectable descants.

I stay away from the formal classical style stuff and go for a more worshipful style with some improv but I guess what you select depends on the type of church you attend. May God Bless, Jim

4. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    I'm pretty amused by this thread. I'm glad it turned out okay, because I'm still trying to figure out what the original question was...lol

5. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    That's the beauty of trumpet forums.
    Post #1 someone asks a question or whatever and from post #6 someone points to something in Africa
    and after a few pages, we are not at the same planet anymore....ROFL

The opening question was simply::shock:
    "So can you guys help me, make a list of basic church pieces for organ and Bb/C trumpet."

6. Jimmie D

Jimmie D New Friend

Feb 26, 2011
    New Hampsihire
    Sorry. I have just started using Trumpetmaster and am trying to figure out how to use it. I thought I added some useful info, especially the Celebration hymnal which could be used by the organ. The whole thread did get a bit muddled and I wasn't entirely sure on how to reply. I was tryng to help. Jim D.

7. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Looks pretty clear to me, too.
    Some follow-up specifics might make suggested pieces more apropos. Nevertheless, doesn't seem to be much mystery in the question, to me.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  8. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    And it becomes an entirely different subject altogether, never to return to it's original state!
    Nope, never seen that happen. I don't know what you're talking about Nordlands!!:roll:

9. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I blame Heisenberg.

10. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    Werner Karl?