Circle of life (for a Trumpet) Sigh!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by applianceguy, Jun 8, 2013.

1. applianceguy

applianceguy Pianissimo User

May 22, 2012
    San Antonio Texas
    I found this trumpet for sale at a Pawnshop a little over a year ago and I figured..., What the hay, I used to be pretty good at this a long time ago, so I bought it. The valves wer stuck and the leadpipe was bent downward in a precarious way, as if someone had done it intentionally so they could come back and buy it later. I bargained down the price from 199.00 (way overpriced) to a semi-reasonable 140 dollars, paid the man and went about my day.

As I started to re-furbish/re-condition the trumpet, I became somewhat attached to the thing and although it did have a really nice sound, I would have to use alternate fingerings whiloe playing with the church group, just to stay in tune. The time came to sell it and get something a little more conducive to play in a group setting. I posted it on "Craigslist" and sold it to a nice lady who had a son that was interested in learning ro play Trumpet. I gave them what seemed like a fair price (Lower than what I paid) and they went on their way.

So, as I always surf "Craigslist" for my next re-furb project what do I find??? Low and behold, there is the "B-USA" trumpet advertised for sale at of all places..., back in the pawnshop.

*****B STUDENT TRUMPET FOR SALE*****

The "B-USA" is back at the pawnshop.., completing the circle of life, to start all over again!!

:grouphug:

2. mattiasc

mattiasc Piano User

Jan 14, 2013
    lol

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Go buy it!! ROFL You can probably get it for $120!! ROFL

4. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    Better to see that then have it destroyed and tossed.

I wonder how many Super Recordings, Committees, Super Artists, etc that have met an untimely and tragic demise.

5. applianceguy

May 22, 2012
    San Antonio Texas
    tobylou8

Wha???

That would be throwing good money, after bad. Good riddance to that thing!!

Although it did have a nice tone quality, it was embarrassing to find that I was the one who was outta tune while playing in the church group.

It was a good stepping sttone, though.

Sigh!

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Applianceguy, you can always buy it again and turn it into a lamp for ebay!

7. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    A great big "WHOOOOOOOAAAAAA pardner" to that being outta tune thing. I play in church and they think being in tune means we all end the tune at the same time! I stopped asking if we should tune up before we play. Currently, I am the ONLY bandmember that owns a tuner, let alone uses it. My fellow trumpeter CAN'T tune because his slide is stuck. Been that way for 7 1/2 years!!! When he tells me I'm not in tune, I hand him my tuner. He blushes and says you know what I mean. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, my pitch has to warble like the "singer"! :x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
  8. applianceguy

May 22, 2012
    San Antonio Texas
    LOL!!

To making a lamp out of the thing!

That is the tune we were playing "Jesus,Light of the World!"

9. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Careful how you talk about a musical instrument. Every one of them has a soul and you could be setting yourself up for some bad karma if you dont have a bit of respect for them. IM JUS SAYIN... Best wishes.

10. rankamateur

rankamateur Mezzo Forte User

May 1, 2013
    Merry Ol' England
    Even the mass-produced Chinese ones? Now there's a home-business for some entrepreneur with time on their hands - import loads of these things in different colours, make lamps out of them and sell them on auction sites.

I saw a late 19C cornet screwed to the wall of a pub the other day for decoration. I felt sorry for it!