Circle of life (for a Trumpet) Sigh!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by applianceguy, Jun 8, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What a butt pain it must be to tune the piano to him. Tobylou, do the humanitarian thing and get him hooked on ebay to find a horn at a reasonable price.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    And what does one do when the piano is out of tune ... or the piano player must have already had three shots of Scotch whiskey ... don't really know how many drinks she had, but I could smell it leaning on the bass end.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Make that out of tune trumpet player pay for the piano tuner that needs to retune the piano, and for the Scotch whiskey... and for the cost of rehab for that piano player's recovery.

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    She probably needs the whiskey to have the fortitude to play that out of tune piano which isn't hers, not sayin' she also couldn't use some piano lessons. Still she admits she hadn't had lessons beyond her sophomore year in high school as when her father was killed in WWII there wasn't money to continue them. All she got out of it was a piano in inheritance when her mother died.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It would take a burning bush for this fellow to do anything (even fix the slide). He "knows" everything about anything "trumpet". If he doesn't know it, it's not important. Piano is a synth, Korg or similar, so it's in tune. He has harassed me for years to give him a $30 mpc.. I told him they are on e-Bay all the time. He just won't spend his money. He's a cheapskate plain and simple. I stopped improving on songs w/o charts. He would transcribe what I played in practice,change a single note, then tell me I was playing it wrong! He's played every horn I own, BUT, his 2335 is better :)stars::stars::stars::stars::stars:). You can't fix stupid. :bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
  7. Recursion

Recursion Mezzo Piano User

Jun 22, 2012
    Cape Coral, FL