Circular Breathing -is there a real use?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Joe Piggs, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    To my knowledge and vision and world speleological reports, no cave drawings have been age determined or do I discern the pictogram you've cited playing a didgeridoo. One of my college majors was earth science and when I had my health and prior to my current marriage, I was often an active spelunker and tunnel mine searcher-qualified para-rescue by USBM. Now I even own my own cave in WV, wherein my Grandfather and friends made "hooch" (corn whiskey) during US prohibition.

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    And you are correct Ed, I too could find no images of 40,000 year old didgeridoos being played - but that doesn't come close to suggesting that recorded history is only that which has occured since, say, the Dead Sea Scrolls were rendered.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    It is well accepted that mankind has left his marks from the beginning, just that we of the succeeding eras haven't found them yet.

4. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I tried circular breathing for a while, but found I did not support well enough while playing to make it an advantage for me. Doodle tounging, however, was great for me in Jazz until I had the need to do a lot of double and triple tounging to become a jack of all trades, when it went out the window - maybe in another lifetime, I'll go back to it.