Classic Wynton

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Bach 1 1/4C Man, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Bach 1 1/4C Man

Bach 1 1/4C Man Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2004
    This is a great CD

2. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    So if I use a 3C I'll play like Wynton? Man, someone should have told me this earlier. What have I been doing all these years? I'll go right out and get one.
    I know that a 7C won't make me play like Wynton, because beginners start on 7Cs and man oh man, they don't sound like him.
    Maybe someone should tell Wynton to forget about Monette, go get a Strad and a 3C and he'll sound more like himself. :lol:

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I really liked Wynton's sound on those classical and baroque recordings, specifically on the one entitled "Baroque and Classical Music for Trumpet and Orchestra"

Does anyone know what mouthpiece he was using then?

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Wynton's 'The London Concert' very good also

5. shinytrumpet

shinytrumpet New Friend

Sep 12, 2004
    CT
    I've always wondered why Wynton ditched his 'classical roots' pretty much for good. I know he plays it on the side, including things like the Good Morning News lick for the picc; quite the side job!

I attended a masterclass that Wynton headed at Hartt about a year or so ago. Someone raised the question, "Why did you stop playing classical music?" His response was (something to the effect) "It made me uptight and nervous when I played." If I could sound half as good as he does when he's nervous, then I'd surely be better off.

I really wish he'd reconsider continuing his roots.

Matthew