Claude Gordon Daily Trumpet Routines

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dark Knight, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    I guess I am be the typical comback player and have starting purchasing all kinds of trumpet books.

I just received a used copy of Claude Gordon's "Daily Trumpet Routines". The book has interesting pencil writing and even more interesting... red ink stamped feedback next to the exercises, i.e., "big breath chest up", "lift fingers strike valves hard",... etc.

Could this book have been used by a student who lessons directly from him???

DK

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    You will never know for sure. The two quotes in pencil are things that any good teacher would say.

3. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I understand that Claude used to use the red stamp on every page of every exercise as a constant reminder. Sounds like you may have one of the books stamped by Claude.

4. Dark Knight

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    Wow.... that is what I thought --- hoping for. There were quite a few different types of feedback that he used the red ink stamp. They are all the types of things that I have read in his books. That is what got me very curious.

Thanks.

DK

5. jongorrie

jongorrie Pianissimo User

May 9, 2010
    Jeff Purtle is probably the best guy to ask. He studied with Claude for 10 years. If you google his name you'll find his website. All the best!

6. Dark Knight

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    Jongorrie,

Thanks. I will do. The book is thus far a very interesting read. And, it is cool to see the feedback which as Rowuk suggest is revelant for all students, given by any good teacher. It would just be something special to know that the book was used by Mr. Gordon himself.

DK

7. jeff_purtle

jeff_purtle Pianissimo User

Jun 7, 2004
    Greenville, SC
  8. Dark Knight

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada

Jeff.... to quote the younger generation "OMG". Not only are the stamps the same but the hand writing is the same. This is indeed very cool (to quote my generation).

Thank you for your assistance.

DK

9. jeff_purtle

jeff_purtle Pianissimo User

Jun 7, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    DK,

Where did you get your book?

10. Dark Knight

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada

Jeff,

I bought the book used over the Internet. I know that the sellar was in California. If this website was functioning properly I would be happy to scan a few pages and attach them for you to see. I have tried uploading photos before and they refused to be attached. Same with the Avatar.

DK