Coke or Pepsi?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Double_G, Aug 3, 2005.

Which is better Coca-Cola or Pepsi products?

1. Coca-Cola

100.0%
  2. Pepsi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Double_G

Double_G Pianissimo User

May 4, 2005
    Gordonsville, TN
    Just wondering. Really random question.

2. BigBadWolf

BigBadWolf Piano User

Nov 30, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    I buy which ever is on sale.

3. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    i like some of both

4. brassmouth

brassmouth New Friend

Jul 10, 2005
    New Jersey
    Oddly even though I'm drinking Pepsi right now I like Coke better.

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    HA! This reminds me of the old line "Figures can lie and Liars can figure".

An ad campaign states "In a recent survey, over 50% of the respondents either preferred Pepsi or could find no difference!"

The test results?

Preferred Coke - 49%
    Could find no difference - 50%
    Preferred Pepsi - 1%.

(well.... it's possible)

But the statement is correct... just the conclusion that is erroneous.

Another little bit of information: if you read the side of a can of a soda, it will usually say "contains sucrose and/or corn syrup" (or words to that effect). There is currently a movement to try to force them to label the cans with EITHER "sucrose" (sugar) OR "corn syrup". Why do the soda companies resist being precise on their content labelling? Because corn syrup may be made from genetically modfied corn (which is usually less costly than sucrose) and THAT would cost them sales (aside from the hassle of having to inventory and keep straight two types of can).

Coke all the way here... and none of that chemically "created" artificial diet stuff. ughhh... horrible taste.

6. butxifxnot

butxifxnot Pianissimo User

Jul 10, 2004
    Here...
    Because they use machines to fill different kinds of sodas. Have you seen the label "May contain nuts (or something someone might be allergic to)"? That's because that product is packed with machines that also handle nuts. It's for protection, legally.

It depends. My taste buds are kind of deadenend to even the tastes of Dr. Pepper, Coke and Pepsi, I've drunk so much of each...

7. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I'm with BBW,

Whatever is cheaper... usually we get the store brands (Safeway etc)..
    They taste different, but hey you put enough rum in there and it doesn't matter... :lol:

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Actually, not. They really do switch between sweeteners depending upon which one they can contract for the next year or so at lowest cost. North American bottlers are now tending towards "global" contracting for their ingredients. They have to sterilize their bottling lines on frequent basis and I do mean "sterilize". They might be using corn in one region and sucrose in another. This is first-hand... our company sells to them.

9. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." -- Mark Twain

Personally, I have always preferred Coke over Pepsi and have always chosen it when taking the Pepsi challenge.

10. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    Coke mixes better with Bacardi, Cpt. Morgan, Hennesy, S. Comfort, J. Beam, J. Daniels, V.O., listening to my niece practice, my own playing. ;-) :-)