come back player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Mar 26, 2009.

1. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    This coming Thursday April 2 I will be taking my" first Trumpet lesson 'since 1973 I am a come back trumpet player who has been practising two months on my own ,just recently joined this fine group TrumpetMaster and I think it is time to take a lesson with a trumpet teacher and see what I have been doing wrong and what I may be doing right and most of all how to improve. TrumpetMaster has also been an inspiration happy to be a member of this fine group Anthony :play:.

2. SilverHorn

SilverHorn Pianissimo User

Feb 2, 2009
    Alabama
    Glad to have you Anthony!:thumbsup:
    The folks here at TM are a great bunch. Let us know how you do with the lessons.

3. simonstl

simonstl Pianissimo User

Nov 25, 2008
    Dryden/Ithaca, NY
    Welcome back to the fun - enjoy!

4. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Keep us posted on your progress with the teacher. You are taking a serious step toward becoming a better player and wish you much luck. Just do what you are told.

5. Darthsunshine

Darthsunshine Mezzo Forte User

Jul 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Anthony:

Welcome to TM. We've got a couple of bus loads of comeback players here to keep you company... including me.

6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Welcome to TM Anthony,
    Enjoy your playing, and my only advice is to get with your teacher and ASAP join a local band = Brass band, Concert Band, Church group or just jam with a group of friends. It is more rewarding and motivating than to lock yourself away alone. Keep us informed of your progress. BTW I'm a comeback player as well.
    Peter

7. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    GO FOR IT ANTHONY, never let the "Oh if only I'd never quit, and I'd be a pro today at Caesars Palace, but today I'm just a loser" bug bite. I hate those bugs.

8. EdMann

EdMann Mezzo Forte User

Sep 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    All right, Anthony!

If you're even half as lucky as I on your comeback, you'll find forgiving pros to play next to, slap-happy amateurs who love it as much as you, a newfound depth to your sound that wasn't there before, big bands, concert bands, pop groups, dinner parties (friends will ASK you to play!), horns to collects, mpc's to discard, mutes to fix and leadpipes to swab. It ain't golf, but it harks to the same zen master.

Ed
    MySpace.com - Ed Mann - 52 - Male - LA, California - www.myspace.com/jazzlips

9. tony h

tony h Pianissimo User

Feb 21, 2008
    Yes welcome Anthony , I was in a similar position a while ago and yes found great inspiration on the forums from the guys here more so than on other sites TM is a great place I'm glad I joined too. Wish you the best on your comeback .

10. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Welcome back. A good teacher will help you achive success on the trumpet at a much faster pace. They'll keep you out of the "ditches"