come back player

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anthony, Mar 26, 2009.

1. jjpetlovr

jjpetlovr New Friend

Feb 9, 2009
    It is nice to see that I am not the only comeback player here after more than 30 years of not playing. :-) I agree with the "find a local group to play with". It makes all the difference. It's like going back home.

2. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    You have nice things ahead then, Anthony.

And jjpetlovr, you´re may be even more right
    than you know; I believe the group of comebackers
    in here has proved to be the largest group of all, even
    bigger than the pro group!

And by the way; I belong to the comebacker group too . . .

3. Brass crusader

Brass crusader Mezzo Piano User

Welcome! You'll find plenty of advice and support here!

4. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    WOW :D Thanks again guys for the warm welcome back ,Thursday April 2 is my first come back trumpet lesson and I have so many questions for my teacher cant wait feel like a kid again ROFL Anthony

5. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    Me too, came back to the fold in Setember of 2006 after 30+ years......better for it, great bunch here to help you through it....welcome......bests, chuck

6. Foilr

Foilr New Friend

Mar 30, 2009
    Hi All. New member to this site and also a comeback player. Glad to see the support by multiple from other CB players. I never knew I missed making music so much!

Is there a particular 'Topic' or 'Heading' for us old guys to post in? Would the moderators consider a 'Come Back Player' section?

I do think our discussions are often different from the new player and certainly the Pros. It would be nice to have a first place to check for information.

7. RGood

RGood Piano User

Apr 20, 2008
    Deep in the heart of TX
    Anthony -

Welcome aboard from yet another Comeback Player! Patience and practice - and like the other folks said - get in a group - I just did and it really helps pull and push you along! Great that you're doing the lessons - very different as an adult - you can set your goals - can better explain to your teacher on where you want to go - what you want to achieve and focus on. Its a lot more fun!

Enjoy.

8. Bruin

Bruin Pianissimo User

Mar 21, 2008
    L.A.
    That's awesome, Anthony. Welcome back and I hope you really enjoy yourself here with the rest of us "come back players." And, like the other folks suggested, let us know how the lessons go. I came back about a year ago, but am seriously considering some lessons as I want to target certain problem areas in my playing(!).

Good luck and have a blast!

Herb

9. Ursa

Ursa Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    Northern Michigan
    Anthony...welcome to TM! I'm also a comeback player, and can tell you first hand that lessons are the best investment you'll ever make! I've had six lessons since returning to the trumpet/cornet--and I'm already sounding better than ever and doing things I once thought were impossible. I did my first ensemble work on trumpet in over 20 years last week and did well enough to get invited to another ensemble at a local college.

There's good advice and encouragement free for the asking here at TM, and it has greatly enhanced my trumpet/cornet playing experience. I never knew it could be so much fun!