Comeback Anniversary

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ccNochops, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    For all you CB'ers, I'm celebrating my third year back on the horn! Just looked for my first post, 30 Sept 06. For the record, I'm enjoying the horn bunch more this go around. Range is okay, endurance is coming along, shoot....I can even get through an Arban's triple tongue exercise! Y'all hang in there on the comeback trail.....glad I did! Bests.....chuck:play:

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I am VERY happy for your preserverence! Keep up the good work!

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Now you'll have to take the "Nochops" out of your user name, cc!

4. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Feels great playing God's own instrument huh.
    Keep with it. we can never have too many trumpet players.

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    As a comeback player who is only a bit over 4 months into the process, I take great encouragement from the fact that you have made it 3 years. That give me hope that my lips won't fall off before I can finally make it through Arbans Characteristic Study #1 (that is my goal - then Carnival of Venice).

Thanks again for the update.

6. ccNochops

ccNochops Piano User

Sep 30, 2006
    White Marsh, VA
    It's been really neat, this comeback thing. Like a series of plateaus, each one brings a new level of ability. There have been times I just wanted to say screw it, I'll never be able to play again or like used to play, but tonight....in the Arban's book.....I am invincible!!! I have to say, I spend alot of time lurking at TM, but all y'all have kept me alive on the trail, to that I say THANKS!!!!! Now, back to Carnival of Venice.....this time playing it backwards!ROFL Thanx guys....I am pumped.......newchopschuck