comeback method

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by m d, Feb 7, 2009.

1. johnMak

johnMak Pianissimo User

Dec 1, 2008
    Ridgecrest CA
    I'm a comeback player and I went back to the beginning.

Went to the music store, bought "Standard of Exellence" book 1 and 2

the latest edition has iPAS software, and that could be fun too.

I also found a few hymnals for Bb intruments online and ordered them. So I have plenty of sheet music that I know the way it needs to sound.

I have these forums. TM is the forum I use the most. Good information/experiences from others. I don't get involved in the disputes and controversial postings. Other than that its good.

Oh yes, I did take several months lessons from the music store instructor a bit a go and that really helped.

2. JSBrass11

JSBrass11 New Friend

Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Get a teacher, clarke studies, arbans. A teacher would tell which he/she would prefer for you specifically.

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    Get a teacher that works with comeback players. There are many good beginner books out there. I use the Breeze-Easy method with my students. Standard of Excellence is a nother good one. Check out the Music Minus One web site for play along books. They have a lot of easy ones. Makes it more fun. I've written a paper on trumpet maintenance. I'll be glad to send it to you. [email protected].

4. m d

m d New Friend

Feb 4, 2009
    Reading Pa.
    thanks, was just looking for a little input from someone going thru the same thing.i was a pro. who got in a bad accident 15yrs. ago.i stil have the chops but endurance is gone. i do appreciate your opinion and reply.there is no doudt i would definitly benefit from a teacher at this point. thanks again , Mark