Comeback week 1

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Really don't see that a spray of shower water would do much damage to a trumpet, but I'd have a dickens of a time trying to read music while showering ... I don't wear my eyeglasses in the shower. Well too, I really don't think I could handle a wash cloth and soap and hold and finger my trumpet also. Still, I'm the classic shower singer.

2. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Get a raw bass horn (so that the hot water won't ruin the finish), stick a 3C in it, and hang it from the ceiling so you can do the old test of how much quality you can get out of it without using the horn to create embouchure pressure. Just... umm... watch your head getting in and out of the shower.

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Careful in the shower - if the slides fill with water they can fall out and smash their little round ends on the tiles - disappointment all round.

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Not to mention bruised toes:roll::lol::oops:

5. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think I did say lip buzzing, right? Are y'all wearing your glasses?

I do like ridiculous amounts of red wine. If I wasn't married I'd be a great catch! :rofl:

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    You obviously play with wet lips then - do you chill your reds to get them down to room temperature?

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Ouch, Ted--if Red Wine wasn't meant to be consumed at room temperature it never would have been created!

Misty, I've used the cheapo shower Jacuzzi for sore chops, and it does help if you've played a four-hour gig Saturday night before a church gig the next morning.

As for fighting off the effects of a high humidity, a Red Wine with a high tannin content might help. It might not be cheaper Down Under, cause from what I know, they'll even drink Foster's beer!

(I'd better stop now, so long as VB is still one of their favorites.)

8. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh, VB, you have a lot of misinformation here....

Ted is referring to the bloody hot temps we are getting here at the moment. Half the country is under a severe fire warning. Room temp would need a bit of a cool-down for drinkable red wine.

You can't find Fosters for sale here in Australia -- they only export it to the silly Brits and Americans. Aussies drink VB, as a matter of fact! Or Cooper's. The ones with no taste buds drink XXXX (Fourex).

[​IMG]

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    You're talking about the trumpet right? Not the individual(s) that may also be in said shower... Right?

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Or lead to migraine. Some individuals are sensitive to this so drink with caution if you have had migraines in the past.