Comeback week 1

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Dec 24, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    About as long as we can draw it out here on TM.... Did't know we had that much power did ya? Well, we ARE trumpet players arn't we?

2. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Ah, of course. I hadn't realized the reality distortion fields were strong enough to warp time itself. I had theorized previously that when you get too many trumpet players in one location then all of the alternative realities they were carrying around with them would suffer from some sort of compression, but this evidences that they may be additive in nature.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh yeah... never doubt the fact that we are pretty warped here at TM.

4. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Yeah, but that's not really a fair thing to say. KT keeps on throwing the average.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Not even the real astronauts travel at warp speed, and surely no trumpeter can play as fast as they now travel.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    As well as being a psuedoscientist, I am also a Neoplatonist. I believe that there exists an a priori trumpet, and an a priori way of playing the trumpet. I also believe trumpet players take an aristotelian view of the trumpet and our art, and every hair we split takes us further and further away from the a priori.

Therefore, I find comfort in string theory and multiple realities in which each of us can be convinced we have the best mouthpiece, trumpet and way of playing. Rather than ignorance being bliss, alternate reality is bliss.

Problem is, my reality is real; everyone else is wrong and everyone else lives in their own strange world.

It's lonely at the top *sigh*.

tedh1951 likes this.
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Man you also know your statistical theory very well!

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Isn't that that round roller thingy that the paper is threaded through on them old time typewriters? And you are new at this? You must be as old as me... Guess you ARE my type!

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes VB - it's lonely where I am too - I just hadn't realised until you elaborated. Oh well, I get to play with Jerry Nowak this week - that should sort me out, and I'll get to know how little I know - I'm so looking forward to that.

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    gmonady, as an accredited psuedoscientist and expert in quantum mechanics, Pla-tones are the smallest units, which combine into strings known as Pla-tunes. In some cases, Pla-tunes can bring Pla-dough into existence.