Comeback week 1

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Dec 24, 2012.

1. glorybe

glorybe Piano User

Jul 29, 2009
    When players fear making a mistake they play softer as they fear embarrassment. Now that you can see the music a bit better I'll bet you play a bit louder. There is an old Indian company that builds instruments that sort of brags on how lightly their instruments play. The brass feels dead when you play it but the pitch and intonation aren't bad. But you blow forte and the horn plays pianissimo no matter what you do. The instruments are inexpensive and hard to dent as the alloy and the thickness of the material is all wrong.

2. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I'll leave that up to the docs to figure out :p
    Uhhh....

3. BinaryHulledIon

BinaryHulledIon Piano User

Nov 23, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    Just let me know if you want either of the pdf or source file.

So, Misty, how ya doin?

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    pdf

5. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'm fine. Working up some training on countable and uncountable nouns. We all have to have day jobs don't we? (well except for Ed Lee!)

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    True love or a research project? Would be interesting to hear her observation of TM. Personally speaking, I think we trumpet players put the "fun" in dysfunctional.

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    I'm with Ed, we have each had such a life of toil and trauma that we both have earned our retirement. Ed hasn't come through completely unscathed physically, by his reports, and I sometimes wonder about the state of my mental health - I'm considering giving away a trumpetting gig (with lunch and morning/afternoon tea) so that I can ride 42 kms with my mates on Wednesday. I WILL be playing for the other four days this week though. So, riding with mates, coffee and chocolates, then afternoon with "The Girl", or trumpeting with other mates, with food? Should I start a survey? Nahh - I'll just make a decision when I see the weather report - if it's over 35 deg then I'm playing my trumpet - no question.

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Who said I'm not working? It's now that I space my 8 hours out to 12 hours (the time change from East to West coast of the U.S.) Too, it is sometimes longer with communications with the the U.K. and Europe. It is just that my timing isn't consistent except for the 1 1/2 hours a week that I'm tutoring on trumpet. I dabble in family real estate rentals, write on prospectus, and relax with music. The problem is that I'm not cash wealthy, but at least my boss is myself. The downside is my health issues that cause lapses (as have been extensive at times) and frequent pain. Anyway, at my age, what is expected from 5:00 AM until 10:00 PM each day? Still, I can write a check for all our domestic expenses as they come due, even sudden vehicle engine repair (just did Saturday).

9. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    No worries, Ed. :)

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Worries??? I got enough of those, don't want more, but more than likely I'll get them whether I like them or not. My family real estate rental dabbling is remote thus I'm dependent upon 17 employees and an agent's performance plus 2 attorneys and contractors from time to time. This might pass in 2014, but then it may not if I'm re-appointed. At present, I make 1 or 2 flights a year to be on site, but here in the boonies means a 100 mile auto trip to make good aviation connections. I'm really not comfortable enough to drive from here to Pennsylvania or West Virginia, even as a passenger. I'm not young anymore! Gone for good is my driving cross country from California to Pennsylvania in 3 days, or from Pennsylvania to Florida in 2 days.