Coming Soon....

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Castle Bravo, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    ...pis of my scratched laquered custom designed copper eclipse along with a few of my new toys (Sorry leigh, i don't think FCB can make these), my m16a2 and m249, complete with an Iraqi sunset.
    Play hard... [​IMG]

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Leigh is Irish. Don't discount him and don't put bets in front of him. :)

3. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Toots is right Gary!

You should know better than that!

Just let me have a few drawings and ill have something for ya by next Friday ok :lol:

Regards

Leigh

4. Skip

Skip Piano User

Oct 26, 2003
    Hawaii
    Be the first in the desert to have a scratch gold M16a2.

Hey Leigh, can I have the second?

5. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    Leigh,

I miss judged you terribly. Had no idea you're a gun smith too. You're a GREAT human being! Hold what you've got on Gabriel's Trumpet. I got a couple of ideas to make it more practical, when I take it deer hunting with me. (Doesn't everybody practice their trumpet, when they come in off the stand at lunch?) We need to convert the first slide saddle to a selector switch such that when I turn it, the first valve becomes a trigger so I can shoot OO buckshot out the barrel (oops-I mean bell). And we've got to figure how to mount sights on top the lead pipe. We also need a shock absorber built into the receiver to prevent the recoil from knocking my front teeth out, should I inadvertantly touch off a shot while I'm playing. A modified trumpet like that will probably serve to keep conductors more civil when making corrections to what they mistakenly perceive as an imperfection in my playing. And talk about making the woodwind players sitting in front of me nervous. The possibilities of this new technology DWARF the new technology of that dinky little Equinox of Meg and Bruce. You're going to sell a LOT of these "Bubba Trumpets" in Texas.

And think how practical it would be for the Bamberg Gang. If someone starts shooting at them while they are playing, they can shoot back during the rests. They'll just have to remember to reline the selector switch, before they play another note with the first valve.

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Soooo.... the large yellow would be a blunderbuss?

Hmm...new thread idea: "If your trumpet were a firearm, what brand would it be?"

OK...take this one to the Wild West, a fitting location for such a subject.

7. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    hehehe

Still Trying, that is an awesome idea for a horn! I still think the banshee or my custom copper is mor deadly.....
    :)

8. Still Trying

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    Gary,

The First Sergeant I told you about has been trying to locate you guys in Tikrit. But he says there are several palaces there, and he's not sure, which one you are in. He sent one of his band guys to find you. I hope you all meet up real soon. Jeff's scheduled back to the States in the near future. Keep your head down.

Jesse

9. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Well, Jesse... you asked for it... you got it! At first, Leigh was a bit "gun-shy", and he ask me to keep this under wraps, but I have received his permission to post this "SHOT". Here goes.... look out world! :shock:

Have a blast!
    Bruce

[​IMG]

Of course it's a trombone! As trumpet players, it's always our job to go in there and do some "sharp-shooting", after the trombone players have done the "dirty" work! :lol:

10. Still Trying

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    Moving that scope mount over to an Eclipse trumpet shouldn't be any kind of step at all for a stepper like Leigh. Now about that first valve selector switch...