Coming to England for a visit 18/11-21/11/05

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by TrentAustin, Nov 5, 2005.

1. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    KC MO
    Greetings...

I'll be coming out to London from Novemeber 18th-21st for a visit out to Leigh's Eclipse shop for some custom modifications and I'd really love to hook up with some UK trumpeters! I imagine I'll actually be in Luton for a majority of the time in the factory trying out horns as well as doing other special projects with Leigh (stay tuned). I'm sure they'll be plenty of down time for some good Indian food and music!

If anyone needs a player I'd LOVE to play anything. Sessions, gigs, I'm up for anything.

Send me an email and I look forward to the brief visit!

Best,

Trent Austin
    www.trentaustin.com
    http://blog.trentaustin.com

2. Castle Bravo

Castle Bravo Piano User

Nov 6, 2003
    Sche├člitz, Germany
    Trent -

I'll be there 12-18, could you arrive a day early??

later :-)

3. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    KC MO
    BUMMER!

I wish I could but already have made the plane ticket reservations.

:(

Maybe next time!

-T

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Hey Trent,

I don't know if you've been over before, but London has got to be the best place in the world (outside of India) to get Indian food. It's a heck of a lot more authentic than we've got over here (for the most part, that means no beef). I went over for a week to visit a friend in 2004 and ate Indian food every day. It was awesome, but expensive. If you'll be in London at all and are looking for great Indian food, stop by Bombay Brasserie. Easily the best meal I've ever had, and I only went for the lunch buffet. It's expensive though (Monette prices, if you will. I think the lunch buffet was 25 pounds, which seemed outragous but was seriously well worth it).

-Jimi

PS Not trying to hijack the thread or anything, but if anyone knows where I can get good Indian food in the Twin Cities, please let me know. I've gone to about 4 or 5 places and only one was worth going back to.

5. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    KC MO
    Jimi-

Thanks for the note. I'm note sure how much actual time we'll be in London but I am sure Leigh will take me to the favorite spots. His taste in Indian Food is very similar to mine. mmmmmmmmmm!

Best,

Trent

PS: I'm spoiled as we have an amazing Indian place about a mile down the road and it's reasonably priced.

6. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Okay

Now this is exciting!

Trent Austin is coming to the Eclipse workshop!

Trent is very impulsive, we were chatting on PM about 4 hours ago, and he mentioned that maybe he should come over to the UK to get some custom work done.
    While i was chatting to him he had booked the flight and sent me the info by email! :D

This will probably turn Trent red in the cheeks now, but bad luck Trent coz im gonna say it anyway.

I met up with Trent at the ITG in Denver, Colorado. He was already an Eclipse endorsee at this stage, but i had not heard him play live.
    I had of course heard sound clips of him and had listened to his CD "Trumpet 101" (not played on an Eclipse), it was fantastic!
    I had also done my homework and was entirely satisfied that i had gone the right direction for my company.

Trent completely cemented my faith when he played at the ITG jam session in Denver at the Marriot hotel.
    With a couple of hundred people there, he picked up his horn and played some of the most beautiful trumpet i have heard to this day.

We are very fortunate to have Trent on board, but to be honest i would be quite happy to listen to this guy playing on any horn.

I look forward to seeing you again Trent

Best Wishes

Leigh

7. lonelyangel

lonelyangel Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2003
    London
    Hi Trent, it will be fantastic to meet you at long last. I predict this will turn out to be a very exciting weekend. I'll pm you with some info about some really hot gigs in town - you are arriving slap,bang in the middle of the London Jazz festival - and... I really hope you are still around on the evening of the 21st!!

All the best. Noel.

8. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    KC MO
    Hi Noel!

I did notice that I'll be coming during the festival. Perfect timing. I expect to keep Leigh running around mad for a few days (don't worry, we won't go up any mountains in 20 year old cars, Leigh... that's a great story!).

I especially excited to meet John, and you in person! Leigh's said he'll have much of his line there for me to test out and I hope that we'll be able to finish a few projects while we're there. I'm bringing my new video camera and will hopefully take many a video while there.

Thanks for the kind words, Leigh... even if they are false :oops:

I CAN'T Wait for the visit... maybe I'll come home with a flugel order as well ;) (my wife would KILL me as I'm already spending a few quid on the flight!)

Best,

t

9. PINT-O-MURPHY'S

PINT-O-MURPHY'S New Friend

Feb 4, 2005
    trent,
    get em to take you to the Toucan in Soho, a cool little irish bar with a huge selection of scotch and the freshest guinness outside dublin.

my favorite curry house while I lived there was right outside the wembley tube station: go out the exit, turn right, cross the street, and it's on your right. amazing food.

there was also a great pub outside the stanford brook station: again go right outside walk about 2 blocks, and it's on the right. they had great bangers(big variety, too) and mash plates, plus they had a microbrew on site, so you could wash em down with their own beers. good stuff.

but i'm sure the people there will have plenty of places to take you. have a blast, it's a killer city.

10. TrentAustin

Oct 28, 2003
    KC MO
    Indian food, jazz, the finest handmade trumpets and scotch in the world?

Too bad it rains everyday or I'd live there ;)

Any more suggestions? Sessions, gigs?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I plan on burning a hole through Leigh's wall trying all the Eclipse horns and really feel like I should bring extra cases but the mrs. would shoot me for sure!

-T
    PS: I could never compare a fine single malt to Leigh's horns but I do have a fine taste for the exquisite. :cool: :twisted: :dontknow: