Committee

Discussion in 'Horns' started by nowherenearadouble, Feb 10, 2004.

1. nowherenearadouble

nowherenearadouble Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    Got my Lawler Committee from Bruce Lee today.
    You guys owe it to yourselves to see one of these instruments!!
    Absolutely stunning. The build quality and attention to detail is amazing
    The service from Bruce throughout the buying process is second to none!

Havent played it much yet but I will post once I have.

Alan

2. Ash

Ash Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2004
    Is the Lawler a copy of the Martin Committee?

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    how bout some big, clear, photos? :)

4. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hi, Ash!

Yes, the Lawler Committee is an adaptation of the Vintage Martin Committee. Roy stayed very close to the original design, but he also used bracing, and technology that has worked well for all of the Lawler trumpet models. The result is an updated "classic" that is more responsive, and has better intonation than you would find on the Vintage Martin.

Hi, James!

Pictures of Alan's Lawler Committee trumpet have already been posted in this section. If Alan wants to treat us with more... bring 'em on Alan! :D

Best always,
    Bruce

5. nowherenearadouble

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    Sorry Bruce, I dont have a digital camera :( besides no photo can do it justice!
    Played it more tonight. Man its smooth!
    I am babysitting a TL6L-1 in gold 8) for someone just now. Playing the 2 back to back is quite interesting. The Committee keeps its "mellowness" above the staff more than the TL6L.
    I was going to buy a TL6r but decided to go for the Committee instead. I wasnt sure I made the right choice after reading about everyones TL6r experiances but now I have 'my baby' I know my choice was the right one! :lol:
    Alan

6. Tim80

Tim80 New Friend

Nov 24, 2003
    Plant City, Florida
  7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Actually, Tim... don't get up... and, don't change that dial... here's the link to the thread with the Lawler Committee pictures... right here in this forum, on the TM site:

http://www.trumpetmaster.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37

It is the same horn! Enjoy it Alan!

Best always,
    Bruce

8. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Hi, Alan!

That's an accurate description of the playing characteristics of the TL6L-1 and the Lawler Committee model, which is very similar to the TL6-1A. The bell qualities of the 6L give the player a little more brightness, because of the larger bell diameter. The slightly smaller 6 bell remains a bit more focused, and retains the mellow qualities that you mention about the Committee.

As for choosing between the Committee and the TL6R-1A... you can see that any choice would have been a good choice! You certainly didn't go wrong with the Committee... that's a keeper!

We'll look for further reviews from you, once you receive the rest of your order. Thanks again, Alan!

Best always,
    Bruce

9. nowherenearadouble

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    Played the Committee in big band tonight. FANTASTIC!! The guy in the jazz seat had his "new" 1960s Conn. What a team!
    As any Lawler it just gets better.
    Incedently, a Lawler is the best slotting and yet flexible instrument I have played. The High B is often a problem on many horns, not the Lawlers tho.
    Alan