Compare Getzen 490 to ZueS ZTR250

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eke5s, May 12, 2005.

1. eke5s

eke5s New Friend

May 4, 2005
    Can anyone compare the Getzen 490 to the ZueS ZTR 250? Looking to get a step-up/intermediate trumpet for my son who has only been playing for 1 year but seems to enjoy it. He says he wants to continue playing through school. He is currently playing a Bach student trumpet that I am renting.

Any help or other recommendations would be appreciated.

Eric

2. pwillini

pwillini Pianissimo User

Mar 4, 2004
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Give Alex a call about the ZeuS. He has payment plans that make purchasing his horns very easy on the wallet. Besides, any of the ZeuS horns I've played are fantastic!

3. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004
    I personally recommend The Getzen, one reason being that Getzen has the best valves in the business, and they offer a LIFETIME warranty on the valves and we all know that a warranty thet is offered by a company is only as good as the company that is offering the warranty. The Getzen family has been making brass instruments for many generations and they make WORLD CLASS INSTRUMENTS !

4. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have played both horns, and either would be a great choice. There are also Zues Dealers on the board (Yoder, Reverend) They would help you out. I see that our friend Zuester is back. I have a feeling that the guards at the steel cage are getting ready.