Complete Arban (and more) in Mp3!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anrapa, Mar 5, 2006.

1. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Hello to everyone!!!

This is my first post in this forum, I am a long time lurker of trumpet herald forum and I read many positive comments about this forum.

So, here I am!!!

Here my first topic:

Two months ago I started recording some of the most famous trumpet methods available (Arban, Kopprasch, Stamp, Clarke etc etc) for educational purpose since I never had a proper trumpet teacher.

I am NOT a pro but I did earn my living as trumpet player up to 5 years ago when I became an Air Traffic Controller in Milan (Italy).

Now I have a lot of spare time and I started again playing 3/4 hours a day.

For the moment I have recorded 440 exercises and difficult solos (like carnival of venice or moto perpetuo)

Kopprasch book is complete and I recorded 60% of Arban's

I hope this project will help people as I has helped me!
    Now I play a lot more and better than 2 months ago and I am recording 30 exercises a day on average.

If you want to listen to some of my stuff go to

www.webalice.it/anrapa

(and if you want to help me record something... you are welcome!!!)

Ciao from Italy!!!

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

I would suggest that you play the 16th notes in the exercises on pages 26-27 later in the beat. They sound like triplets.

I think think that if you were to learn to put the k at the end of your triple tongueing, instead of in the middle, you would like the results.

Saluti for all of your hard work.

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    30 a day? A DAY? 30? Holy cow!

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    anrapa,

Welcome to TM. That's quite an ambitious project to record all of those methods.

From the little I listened to you did a very nice job.

Greg

5. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Thanks to all of you for answering and, hey, brian!
    I never noticed that thing you pointed out! How did you understand I use Tkt tonguing in the triple staccato?????? I'm amazed! (is it so uneven? :D )

With my project I want to help people having a "model" of how to play without a teacher, but also to have people tell me what's wrong in my playing (I am not a pro myself :D )

So every comment about my mistakes will help me improve and will make me record again those exercises I don't play correctly.

Thank you!!!

6. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

The K is always easy to hear. Unless it is exaggerated it is weaker that a T and has a very distinguishable start. TKT can be useful for one triplet bursts. It is great for ascending ones such as when playing "CHARGE!" and for when it is preceded by a pickup such as in Scheherazade.

7. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    I've been practicing the TTK tonguing... It's driving me crazy!

I'd like to make another update of my site (moderator, is ok for you if I do that in this thread?)

A NEW METHOD!!! Gatti!
    07/03/06 18:09 | Recent Updates
    I've been asked by a friend of mine to record this old Italian method.

It's quite easy compared to Arban's and other but, anyway it's very funny to play!
    Melodic stuff, many duets... Nice!

I've started with exercises on:

Pag. 48 to 57 N.1 to 17

A lot of stuff!!!

--------------------

Another Arban's SECTION IS OVER!
    08/03/06 18:04 | Recent Updates
    I am very proud to announce another (HARD) section is over: Chromatic Studies!

You can find it here in its section.

It is still possible I will update this section in the future as I improve my playing skills! Stay tuned!!!

-------------------------------

HUGE Gatti Update!!! 50 New Exercises!!!
    14/03/06 15:03 | Recent Updates
    I am getting more and more interested in this book, day after day!

Since I didn't want to make many small updates I decided to wait to have a LOT of stuff before updating again!

Here's todays big list:

Pag 23 to 24 N. 1 to 6

Pag 26 to 32 N. 1 to 30

Pag 33 to 34 N. 1 to 6

Pag 35 to 36 N. 1 to 8

You can find the in Gatti's page!!!

Have fun!

---------------------------------

If you add the exercises I recorded just today (52...) I surpassed a total of 650!!!

Is someone interested in helping me with some particular exercises (some very difficult ones)?

I will appreciate it a LOT!!!

Ciao!

8. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Biggest Update EVER!!! Complete Gatti Vol.1 is ONLINE!!!
    01/04/06 16:45 | Recent Updates
    It's been a long time since the last update because I did a trip to visit my parents and didn't have much time to play. Anyway I recorded something day by day waiting for some spare time to put it online.
    It's been worth the wait!!!
    I completed another method!!!!

GATTI Vol.1
    More that 200 exercises and 12 duets (that I also recorded as single voices, in case you wanted to play together with me!!!)

Check it out!

(it's on a different server so, in case you had it bookmarked, update the link!)

Moreove check this: American Nationa Anthem

http://www.webalice.it/anrapa/Mp3/HighNotes/page0/page0.html

Ciao!

9. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    New update (a big an useful one!)

Tonguing, MULTIPLE tonguing! Another Section is over
    04/04/06 13:58 | Recent Updates
    It took quite a while to finish it but it's been worth the wait: I have finished all the Double Tonguing, Slurred and DT and Fanfare Tonguing sections in Arban's book.
    It's a lot of stuff and together with a couple of new Triple Tonguing files it's more than 80 (EIGHTY) new files!
    Please take the time to listen to it because they are the exercises that EVERY accomplished trumpet player in the world want's you to do when they are asked "how to develop a good double and triple staccato?"

http://www.webalice.it/anrapa/Mp3/Arban/Tonguing/Tonguing/Tonguing.html

Have fun!

10. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino