Complete Arban (and more) in Mp3!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by anrapa, Mar 5, 2006.

1. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Another BIG update: 50 new songs of Arban's The Art Of Phrasing!

http://www.webalice.it/anrapa/News/News.html

If you are interested in it, I also started giving online trumpet lessons: audio and video available both for Mac and Windows!

Have fun!

Ciao, Tony

2. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
  3. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    Hello again!
    It's been a long and hard month: I wanted to record as much as possible trying to finish the Arban book, didn't succeeded but I am close!!!
    I've finished 3 more sections (more than 120 new pieces) and there a FEW exercises left to complete the ENTIRE ARBAN...
    69 duets (easy but long), 20 triple tonguing (REALLY HARD ONES), 3 Characteristic Studies and 2 Airs Varieè.
    So now I'm close to a goal I never imagined I could have achieved!!! When I started this project more that HALF the book was beyond my skills, now just a couple of pieces! This must mean that practicing leads to improving..........

Now I'm asking some help to the big player in this forum: I really CAN'T record 10 pieces, if someone would like to help me....

Thanks again to everyone who visit my site, send me emails and to those who sent me some funds to help me paying the bandwidth expenses!

Hopefully the next update will just say: "ARBAN IS OVER!!!!"

Ciao!

4. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    BIIIIIIIIIG Update!

http://www.webalice.it/anrapa/News/News.html

Short summary:

Nick Drozdoff (former Maynard Ferguson Band's trumpet player) has offered to help me recording hard stuff (like Arban's Characteristic Studies!)
    A new Section: Bach's Cello Suites for trumpet (for now I recorded the first suite, it's worth giving a listen!)
    40 Arban duets recorded with a friend of mine (Marco Gipponi)
    The first 80 exercises from Arban recorded again with better sound quality (and skills...) and at faster tempo
    40 new random exercises from Arban (mainly about triple tonguing but also a Characteristic Study)

Happy listening!

5. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    You might want to contact Andrea Tofanelli to see what method books he uses and I am sure you would appreciate his input into your collection.

All the best,

Liad Bar-EL

6. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
  7. anrapa

anrapa New Friend

Mar 5, 2006
    Italy, Torino
    I met Tofanelli last week and we became friends!!!!
    As far as I know he uses Sandoval's book....

Ah, BIIIIIIIIIIG UPDATE!!!

From my News section:

It's really a long time I don't update: a problem with the back kept me away from the trumpet for a while and then it took quite some time to get back in shape!!!
    Nonetheless I kept studying some nice pieces and now I have a LOT of new stuff.

First of all I moved the site to a new hosting server (a lot more space to fit more Mp3, photos and VIDEO!!! Yeah, video!)
    I've been asked by many friends to record a couple of demo video to show how to play effortlessy high notes, I don't know if I made it but surely it will become an interesting section!!!

I also completely changed the skin of the site, now is a bit easier to read and a LOT easier to navigate (and to update....)

Then I have started FOUR new sections!!! Arban Modern Etudes, Clarke, Shoemaker legato etudes after Concone and Smith's Top Tones
    Some of them are easy (Concone's...), the others are quite challenging!!! Check the Clarke's version of Carnival of Venice!!!

I've recorded many new Bach Cello Suite's pieces (last time I recorded the entire first suite, now I went on randomly but the total is 12 new pieces)
    Under Carnaval-like you can find Haendel's Il Fabbro Armonioso (The Harmonious Blacksmith) and Per Un Pugno Di Dollari (A Fistfull of Dollars)
    Under Highnotes you'll find a funny version of Carnival of Venice played up the octave (just a bet with a friend... nothing I would play in a concert, belive me!!!). Almost for the same reason there is Kopprasch's N.10 played the in 2 octaves...

Arban? Don't worry, I didn't forget about that!!! The stuff I still need to record is quite hard so I prefer spending some time studying it before recording!! Anyway the is quite a lot of new thing now: from page 32 numbers from 28 to 33, page 41 N.15 and page 43 N.20. Moreover I added a bunch of duets (recorded with my friend Marco Gipponi): N. 11, 16, 28, 52, 55, 60, 61, 62, 64, 68
    Now back to more serious stuff: I re-recorded the first Char. Study from arban: Pag 285 N.1 than now is played with trumpet AND cornet, and I have a new one, pag 297 N.13 (the slurred triplets one)

You can check them in the Arban Section

Photos are back and a lot of stuff has been rewritten (new equipment for recording, new trumpets/mouthpieces).

A LOT OF STUFF!!!

Bye!
    Tony

8. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Hi Tony, good to hear from you. Thanks again for all your hard work. From time to time, I'll give a listen especially when I'm having problems with an exercise.

Things are good in Wyoming, besides winter. But the past two days, the weather has been splendid. Also, I am playing in our junior college's concert band. The last director didn't want any community involvement. I'm glad a new director has arrived.

We're playing "Summer Dances" by Brian Balmages, "Mannin Veen" by Haydn Wood, "Poet and Peasant Overture" and "Light Cavalry Overture" by von Suppe, "American Folk Rhapsody #3" by Clare Grundman, and "Zampa Overture" by L. J. F. Herold.

Again, thanks for your posts and I hope the Italian winter is moderato e bello.

All the Best,

Richard