Complete Fingering Chart

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GijsVis, Aug 18, 2012.

1. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Hey TM,

I've been looking around for a fingering chart that really has everything, all notes from the lowest pedal tones to the DHC (Or even higher) and all alternative fingerings, but with no result, lots of charts going from F# below staff to G or C on top of the staff..

So I decided to make an attempt to make one that is complete, below, I've filled in everything I know about fingerings, I'm not complete at all, since I'm not much of a high player. :shhh:
    So I'm asking for your help, guys. Please post any fingerings not included in the table below, so it can get complete, it's a bit of a mess now, but I'll make it into a nice pdf-kinda sheet when it's done. Thanks all in advance.

[TABLE="width: 300"][TR][TD]Note:[/TD][TD]Fing:[/TD][TD]Alt:[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]4th octave[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]C (DHC)[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]3rd octave[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]F[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]E[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D#[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C#[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]2[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C (High C)[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]23[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]23 123 0 [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]3 13[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD]1[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]2nd octave[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]F[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]13[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]E[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]3 12 123[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D#[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]23[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]13[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C#[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]123 3[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C (third space C)[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]23[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]13[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD]123[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]13[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]123[/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]1st octave[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]F[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]E[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C (C below staff)[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Pedals:[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]F[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]E[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C[/TD][TD]0 [/TD][TD]123[/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]

[TR][TD]Double Pedals:[/TD][/TR]
    [TR][TD]F[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]E[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]D[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]C[/TD][TD]0 [/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]B[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A#[/TD][TD]1[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]A[/TD][TD]12[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G#[/TD][TD]23[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]G[/TD][TD]13[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][TR][TD]F#[/TD][TD]123[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

If this is completed, it will also be a clearing for all the, what fingerings to use posts :lol:

Thanks!
    Gijs Vis

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    patkins likes this.
  2. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    There are double pedals? o_O

3. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Triple pedals as well, but I've never blown them, you can find them on youtube in some pedal instruction video.

4. mctrumpet98

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    That worries me...

5. mctrumpet98

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    Great fingering chart by the way mate! You've left out a few of the alt. fingerings in the upper register (e.g. third octave B - 12, third octave C can be played on first valve) but yeah, it's awesome to have such a huge fingering chart!

You should make that into a poster and earn yourself a living ;)

EDIT: Sorry, read it wrong. When I said second octave I was looking at the one with High C. Just realised that was 3rd octave. Whoops..

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  6. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Thanks, I'll add these, well, I don't think it's quite complete yet, since I don't know anthing on the upper register, but if it's finished, I'll make something out of it for sure :D

7. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut

ADD: 4th Octave ---
    A# 1 0 23 123

NOTE: The fingerings from High C up are from most desirable to least desirable.

You have it. (3rd & 4th octave) You didn't think that there was so many, did you?

CREATED by WILLIAM B. KNEVITT

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  8. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Thanks!

I wonder, does anybody play pedal tones in another way?

9. ultratrumpet

ultratrumpet Piano User

Jul 10, 2009
    Old Lyme, Connecticut
    Never use alternative fingerings in the pedal registers !!!

10. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Great chart. As suggested a poster would be great. Let us know when you do the PDF format!