COMPLETEROOKIE, Dear Clark

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by CompleteRookie, Mar 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CompleteRookie

CompleteRookie Pianissimo User

Jan 10, 2016
    Brooklyn,NY
    Dear Clark, you were a pretty nice guy and you still are. You definitely don't deserve this, I was just a bit angry that I could of sold the horns for a bit more on ebay and didn't want to part them for 325.
    I'm sorry if I caused you any grief.
    To make a long story short, I owed someone else money for a horn and had to pay for it quickly.
    Was planning to secretly sell my horns each for a bit more than 325 dollars to help pay you.
    I normally don't even respond to threats or anything like that but I feel a bit guilty about it.
    Well here I am making myself the "positive" example for the community.

I'll be sending you the Getzen tomorrow. Seems my conscience has gotten the better of me.

Now I'll have to figure out how to sell my conn 22b after you boycotted my ebay to fund a repair for one of my horns.

Closing my TM account now.

2. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    CR, don't take this the wrong way, but all of this would have been prevented had you opened yourself up to timely and meaningful communication with Clarkvinmazz, and these days with smart phones - telephone, text, email, PMs, etc. - right at your fingertips, it's hard to make the excuse that you weren't getting the messages, and therefore had no viable excuse for the lack of communication. Had you been open and forthcoming with Clarkvinmazz about what was going on and why you were doing things a certain way, he probably would have been ok with it.

I respect that you're trying to do the right thing here, but as they say:

A stitch in time saves nine.
    or
    An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

3. CompleteRookie

Jan 10, 2016
    Brooklyn,NY
    Well, I never said I never received the messages, I blocked him on messages.

And agreed, he was a nice guy and didn't deserve this.
    I'm doing this to give him one less thing to worry about.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    And whose fault is that? Again, a bit of honesty and open communication goes a long way toward preventing this kind of thing from happening in the first place.

5. CompleteRookie

Jan 10, 2016
    Brooklyn,NY
    Very true and Clark if you are reading this, I'm sorry.

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Positive example? I think you are taking this too lightly. Your responsibility is to contact the guy that you screwed and ask HIM what comes next. Maybe he wants his horn back. It was technically stolen. It is not your decision.

I won't speak for Clark but if it were me, I would deal with this in a much more decisive (legal) way.

Close your TrumpetMaster account, what a joke. Just like blocking messages from someone that you owe. Why don't you just take the beating that you deserve and become a productive member instead of some cowardly thief.

You wanted help from me because you felt unfairly treated. I am glad that I followed my conscience.

Peter McNeill likes this.
  7. CompleteRookie

Jan 10, 2016
    Brooklyn,NY
    Everyone is getting the wrong conception here. He wanted the Getzen Trumpet in the first place and now i'm sending it to him, and that's all. Why bring up all stuff which you have no idea what you folks are talking about?

The matter of the fact is I purposely blocked him on email and text.
    Closing TM account because there's no point on staying here if my rep is ruined.

And yes I did this to myself and I know that.

8. Clarkvinmazz

Clarkvinmazz Forte User

May 11, 2013
    Oberlin, Ohio
    Okay so here's the deal. Gary has, up until about a week ago, been a nice guy who's talked to me and we've had enough conversations that I know at heart he's not a bad person. Now there is no excuse for what he did, as it's cause me a lot of issues myself and if he had simply explained the situation I would have certainly been able to work out a deal. At this point, I'd just like to get this over with and be done with it so as long as you send the getzen TOMORROW I will not make any more fuss about it. Please send me the tracking number and a picture of the horn in the box ready to ship. Thanks everyone for the support.

9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Guys, just square things up, get the Getzen to Clark with quick Registered Post with Tracking - for transparency.

Then just cool... chill and relax. We all make mistakes, but it is how you respond that matters. We have all learned a little from this exercise. No need to take the ball and bat, just do the right thing, and communicate, and keep going. Never turn your back and run when things get bad, just battern down, work through it.

You've not destroyed your rep here, unless the Getzen fails to arrive in a timely manner - or beaten to a pulp while in transit.
    Good luck to both of you. If we pulled the plug every-time something went wrong, we would have no members here.

10. Dalecon

Dalecon New Friend

Feb 26, 2016
    Ottawa
    This is crazy, certainly is an example of the fears people have in conducting online transactions. Up until now I have seen nothing but the best from the Trumpet Master Community. That being said I know the mod have been pretty quick to shut this discussion down. Hopefully you guys resolve the issue, but it ends up leaving a sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.