conan trumpeter

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by musicalmason, Feb 8, 2004.

1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    hey, whos the bald guy who plays trumpet on conan obrian? hes frekin awsome. I heard him sing too, really funny stuff. Does anybody have any info on him?

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
  3. latinjazzcat

latinjazzcat Pianissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    West Virginia
    I just got his CD/DVD last month. Great stuff....a lot of nice rock/funk charts, and his band is definitely tight. How can you go wrong for 12 bucks, lol? Seriously, check this cat out.

4. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    Mark plays a B&S Elaboration.......If you have not yet played an Elaboration, you really owe it to yourself. it is an AWESOME horn and well worth it. I have never played a horn with such superb intonation!! SOLID!!! 8)

5. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    I just ordered his cd/dvd, should be here soon, and I just got a price quote from dillons on the elaboration, I'm gonna test it the next time I go down there.

6. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    try'em both. There is the 37 bell and the 72 bell. They are both liteweight bells. also, try both bore sizes ML and L. I have the 72L and it is a superb horn........
    what is the price at Dillons?

7. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    uh, before I say, somebody tell me if its like legal to post that on the internet, cause I had to call for the price, so I dont know if theres a law or something.

8. trpguyy

trpguyy Piano User

Nov 26, 2003
    It is legal to post price quotes. Manufacturers sometimes specify that the prices are not to be advertised by the dealers. That is between the dealer and the manufacturer. There is absolutely nothing wrong with telling other people price quotes. If that were the case, (almost) everyone who has posted how much their horn cost would be in big trouble.

BTW, I was just a Dillon's and if I recall, the Elaborations are around $1,600.

9. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    yeah the quote I got was 1650

10. bnbtrpt

bnbtrpt Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    I tried the b & s challenger II a while back. What a great horn! Had a great sound and a good scale. Felt maybe a tad less lively (sp?) than a bach. I would be interested in trying some of their smaller horns. Here is my question for you guys who know about these horns. On the elaboration model, is the whole horn lightweight or just the bell and or leadpipe? I would love to get my hands on one of these horns to try out.

bnb